• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Concept Front Suspension Verdict ?

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Anyone with some experience?

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Dude it's just like 80% of Skinz products... it's just a concept... Might be released in 2055 but as of now it's just a concept... :face-icon-small-con

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Your post are funny chadly but it is available now there showing it as in stock.
http://www.sledsolutions.com/index.php?id_product=837&controller=product
Good luck finding a ridereport could only find reports on dootalk on a Xm sled. The turning radius was increased was the only negative part about it.

Bar code performance sells a similar setup for cheaper that doesn’t have the increased steering radius.
http://barcodeperformance.com/product/skidoo-g4-365-kit-2018/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhpB2wegOEc/

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I had there ski forward concept front end on a Nytro and it made that sled SOOOOOO much better. That is 6 Os better. Totally worth it. But the Nytro was SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad stock there was a lot of room for improvement. That was 12 Os bad. I put the new style Concept front end on my 1100 Cat and I didn’t like it at all. It really made that sled handle worse than stock and it wasn’t a great handling sled stock and had tons of room for improvement.
The Doo is a great handling sled. I rode mine stock except for shocks last year and loved it. Not sure what would actually be “improved” by moving the ski forward. It’s an expensive mod so I’d want to ride one first or at least have someone actually sell me on the product and explain how my live will be $2000 better lol.
Is there something in the stock set up or geometry that you don’t like and want changed? Specifically the front end.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
What exactly do you mean by "corrected geometry" ? Was there something wrong with the stock geometry?
Lining the ball joints up with the ski bolts creates a much nicer steering motion. Helps keep the skis from hunting side to side when sidelining. The spindles and polaris grippers make a G4 WAY better to ride. It really dials in the front end. In stock form the ski bolt is forward of the axis of rotation causing the ski to dart when off of center. This coupled with the super aggressive keep on the G4 skis makes it very prone to darting and throwing you over the bars when sidehilling. The ski gets a tiny bit of traction off of center and it yanks the bars and sends you for a ride.

I personally hate riding G4's but with those 2 mods on the bottom side and CFR bars and a 3" riser on it, I actually feel fairly comfortable and in control on one.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
Well on my Nytro, it made a huge difference. It was so much more stable in sidehills. Before it wanted to stick the ski in to the wall and you would be thrown over board or get washout. The G4 is somehow the same, it wants to washout all the time, and you find yourself riding with full countersteer almost all the time to keep the rear from sliding down. But it goes only so far. You find yourself wanting the sled to sidehill downwards but it only wants to go strait or uphill because you all ready have full contersteer. I'm aiming to make the sled more stable and more forward direction without having to contersteer so much. So that you have more room for correction when sidehilling.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Lining the ball joints up with the ski bolts creates a much nicer steering motion. Helps keep the skis from hunting side to side when sidelining. The spindles and polaris grippers make a G4 WAY better to ride. It really dials in the front end. In stock form the ski bolt is forward of the axis of rotation causing the ski to dart when off of center. This coupled with the super aggressive keep on the G4 skis makes it very prone to darting and throwing you over the bars when sidehilling. The ski gets a tiny bit of traction off of center and it yanks the bars and sends you for a ride.

I personally hate riding G4's but with those 2 mods on the bottom side and CFR bars and a 3" riser on it, I actually feel fairly comfortable and in control on one.

Of the problems I’ve had on the g4 this was not one ��

Last edited:
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador

I think guys are grasping at straws here..

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I think guys are grasping at straws here..
Actually went out one day with the ZRP spindles and the gripper skis and we switched them all out on the hill to make changes to see same day same snow what really was working and what was placebo wallet lightening affect. The ZRP spindle/gripper combo made the G4 far more controllable especially when crossing old frozen ruts, wind blown snow etc. Its sort of chasing little details in the performance, but it made the sled more enjoyable especially in less then ideal snow.

Premium Features