• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailswest Trailer with Superclamps

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
I bought a new Trailswest Gooseneck and decided to order some superclamps from WRP.

The trailer has a track tiedown system so I ordered the clamps so I didn't have to drill through the trackmelt ducts.

I just received the hooks today and low an behold they don't fit in the track.

Does anyone have any workaround for this different style track? Maybe someone from Superclamp or Trailswest could chime in.

Thanks

sledr900

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
WSS, MT
You have to grind down the part of the hook that goes in the track until it fits. I had to do this for the hooks to fit in the tracks in my Mission trailer.

←snow∞motion→

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2010
WY
sledr900 this is a completely different style rail. How did you grind it down? There are round slots that it has to fit through and then slide forward.

785-12-aircraft-style-seat-logistic-track_1_640.jpg

I'm still trying to figure it out. Thought I had a solution, but the threads are too small. But received another package of paperweights essentially.

This would be perfect if the hook had a smaller shaft. I honestly thought it was gonna work.

12270-double-stud-fitting-w-bolt-thread_1_640.jpg

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratch...Accessories/Double-Stud-Fitting-w-Bolt-Thread

Back to the drawing board.

12270-double-stud-fitting-w-bolt-thread_1_640.jpg 785-12-aircraft-style-seat-logistic-track_1_640.jpg

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
not meaning to sound like a a$$ but why do you tie sleds down in a enclosed trailer? if you tip the trailer im sure it isn't gonna matter if they were tied down or not? JMHO. we have a 27' enclosed and like the fact you can cram 5 163's in with some wiggling. If its to prevent scratches, i cant ever recall any of our sleds moving that much to cause damage.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
not meaning to sound like a a$$ but why do you tie sleds down in a enclosed trailer?

Apperently you have never been cruising down the road at 70 mph after a long day of playing in the snow when all of a sudden a bull elk and 3 cows cross the road in front of you. You hit the brakes so hard the anti-lock kicks in almost immediately, 170 feet down the road your left mirror explodes against the hind quarters of the last elk across the road.

At that point everything that is not bolted or strapped down is now sitting at the front of the trailer.

T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Sleds NOT tied Down in Enclosed Trailer

Or the snowmobiles end up going right through the wall.
Apperently you have never been cruising down the road at 70 mph after a long day of playing in the snow when all of a sudden a bull elk and 3 cows cross the road in front of you. You hit the brakes so hard the anti-lock kicks in almost immediately, 170 feet down the road your left mirror explodes against the hind quarters of the last elk across the road.

At that point everything that is not bolted or strapped down is now sitting at the front of the trailer.

Last edited:
T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Superclamp Supertrac Available Feb. 1st

Superclamp Supertrac comes in 1, 2, and 4 foot length kits. This will make our deck hooks adjustable and removable. All Superclamp owners presently with the screw in style deck hook will now have the ability with this kit to adjust their deckhooks. Look for it Feb.1st at www.superclamp.net

Last edited:
T

tpollon2

Dec 2, 2007
Calgary
Supertrac from Superclamp

The New Adjustable deck hooks have a load rating for 1200 lbs. The Supertrac itself has a very low profile and is very Heavy duty and Robust

Superclamp Supertrac comes in 1, 2, and 4 foot length kits. This will make our deck hooks adjustable and removable. All Superclamp owners presently with the screw in style deck hook will now have the ability with this kit to adjust their deckhooks. Look for it Feb.1st at www.superclamp.net

:clap2::clap2: Not being a smart a$$ but see "kinetic energy". That 450 # sled traveling at 70 mph per hour becomes a very heavy missile when you come to an abrupt stop..

Premium Features