• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BD Turbo Install

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Tearing sled down so I am ready when turbo arrives, and I got a question. Maybe I am missing something simple but how in the he11 do you get the fuel lines off of the 90* elbow on top of fuel pump? Is their a special tool to push the little brass colored tabs aside?

I could just pull pump and lines out of tank but don't want that stuff hanging in the way, so I would just assume leave it in the tank and set it all aside.

I

iq 700

Dec 8, 2008
Cromwell mn
They make a small round plastic tool u can get from napa I believe it the same as a chevy or ford it cheap like $3 to $5 U can do it with a really small flat screwdriver there should be four little tabs u have to lift up it is doable but be careful not to flatten them out

S
Dec 20, 2007
Tearing sled down so I am ready when turbo arrives, and I got a question. Maybe I am missing something simple but how in the he11 do you get the fuel lines off of the 90* elbow on top of fuel pump? Is their a special tool to push the little brass colored tabs aside?

I could just pull pump and lines out of tank but don't want that stuff hanging in the way, so I would just assume leave it in the tank and set it all aside.

Yes, they are ford fuel line tools 3/8 and 1/4 if memory serves me well. But as others said you can use a small pick if your careful and look close at the tasbs inside.

R

rmk685

Dec 4, 2007
Thanks guys. Used a 3/8th on both of them. Very quick and easy compared to the small flat screwdriver I initially tried using for a half hour.

Premium Features