• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 m8 running on 1 cylinder

Oct 27, 2008
ok m8 issue sled will only run on 1 cylinder things we have checked

injector and fuel pressure is good
compr is good 145 and 150 on cylinders
coils are good there sparking good
wiring looks good

so sled was running great then boom only running on 1 cylinder so thoughts on it new plugs and plugs are wet even thow im getting good spark could the mag pick ups be smoked and throwing the timing off for the spark?

C
Jan 14, 2012
I Had the same issue. I Removed the spark plug caps from the wires ( they are threaded on-turn left to remove them). Cut the spark plug wire back till you get back to good wire (I had to cut back about 1/4 inch or so). Reinstall the spark plug caps on to the wires and put in a new set of spark plugs.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
ok m8 issue sled will only run on 1 cylinder things we have checked

injector and fuel pressure is good
compr is good 145 and 150 on cylinders
coils are good there sparking good
wiring looks good

so sled was running great then boom only running on 1 cylinder so thoughts on it new plugs and plugs are wet even thow im getting good spark could the mag pick ups be smoked and throwing the timing off for the spark?

The plugs spark at the same time. Mag should be fine, check for a missing or damaged reed valve not uncommon.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
If plugs are soaked you might have sticking injector on one cylinder.

B
Jan 17, 2008
NorCal
Had my 10 M-8 out last year was only running on 1 cylinder for bout 20 minutes then opened up... pretty sure APV exhaust valve was stuck due to not getting used much.
Cleaned them and ran great last week.

Premium Features