• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA LINK VS. RINO

pshirek

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2012
ND
I'm gonna pick up either BCA Link or a Rino and am looking for recommendations as to which people like better. I know the Rino pushes more watts, but just want to know if it's worth the extra cost. Do you know if you can get a handset like you can on the Links? Probably the biggest factor is if you can communicate with a Link using the Rino. Everyone I ride with has a Link, so if I wouldn't be able to talk to them it wouldn't make it worth it to get one.

Thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You CAN talk to the Links with the Rino.
I've done it.

They just have to be on the same exact security channel too.
Such as 7-38 or whatever.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Yes, you can get handheld microphone/speaker for the Rino radios. Don't have the info with me at the moment. But I found one with minimal internet search.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I like the rhino buddies have link radioe we communicate back and forth but in a whiteout polling features are nice for finding some one.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Get the Rino.
I've never seen a Rino, but i'm so fed up with garbage BCA radios that i can confidently tell you the Rino is better.

I have a Rino and a pair of BC Link radios.
No issues.
No problems.

I keep the Rino in my windshield bag. Volume maxed out.

I have my Link set up in my Float pack.

It's redundant, but I don't really care.

J
Mar 19, 2008
I have a Rino and a pair of BC Link radios.
No issues.
No problems.

I keep the Rino in my windshield bag. Volume maxed out.

I have my Link set up in my Float pack.

It's redundant, but I don't really care.

I think it's smart.
I always ride with two radios. In certain conditions and terrain they are essential.
Luckily one of them is not a BCA. Riding with two BCAs is the same as leaving all the radios in the trailer.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Yes, you can get handheld microphone/speaker for the Rino radios. Don't have the info with me at the moment. But I found one with minimal internet search.

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a waterproof or very water resistant microphone/speaker for the Rino?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Get a Frogskin cover for whatever mic you find.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I have each and the easy of the bca is great. you can not leave them out overnight the batteries do not like it!

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
If you have more than one guy with a Rino, not sure why you wouldnt go with Rino's. You never ever lose a guy, ever. You know where he is, he knows where you are, etc. You have the all the benefits of a GPS plus the radio. Rino range may not be as good, but i find the 2 mile circle is all I need.

Premium Features