• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do the Go Pro batteries suck so bad???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well that could be a better solution in and of its self! But I get 4 hours with the extended battery pack on it with it being on and shooting whenever I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then this one should double it.

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Another couple of tips for battery life is turn off the WiFi and keep the camera warm until you're ready to shoot.

I normally run two cameras: a 3 and a 3+ (both Silver)

I carry 4 spare batteries and normally get about 40 mins out of each if they start out warm (at around 15*F)

Also, those little anti-fog strips are money. If you're going to change batteries in the cold, definitely include them in your kit. One is usually enough for several day's filming with regular battery changes.

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
I carry two extra internal batteries
2 external GoPro brand batteries

On the last trip i kept the camera on the entire ride, 4-5 hours (until the turbo ran out of gas)

With a fresh internal and a fresh external battery i had no issues.

Also i have never had issues with fogging.

Im running a Gopro 3+ Black

But im not shooting for extended periods of time, i also never use the wifi feature it just burns through power.

J

jonasumb

Nov 27, 2012
Boise/McCall Idaho
I like the big orange battery, get a couple of those and you can record all day.
Hopefully we will see battery packs for the new GoPro, I saw the GoPro ?5?(Lil black camera) at a store yesterday

Premium Features