• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop and rollled

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I haven't tried it, but you may be able to do a drop/roll by using King Cat or 2018 and up Sidewinder MTX chain case. Probably would be easiest to find someone that is parting out a King Cat/2018 Sidewinder though.

Also there was a thread in the proclimb section (2 stroke) where they were using the newer D/R chain case parts. I believe someone had posted instructions for modifying the mounting location on the clutch side as well.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
Tom at TKI has a pattern and can help. Then you can use stock chaincase from a Sidewinder or King Cat so you can keep reverse. I think its something like 10ish hours to do but can’t remember what I was told for sure. I’m still thinking about doing this on my spare Viper. It definitely makes them jump up on the snow better.

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
I haven't tried it, but you may be able to do a drop/roll by using King Cat or 2018 and up Sidewinder MTX chain case. Probably would be easiest to find someone that is parting out a King Cat/2018 Sidewinder though.

Also there was a thread in the proclimb section (2 stroke) where they were using the newer D/R chain case parts. I believe someone had posted instructions for modifying the mounting location on the clutch side as well.

I just did it on a 17 sidewinder like 2 weeks ago. used the TKI kit and it wasnt bad at all. had to buy the long chain case obviously but did a belt drive as well. and yes i know i lost my reverse and i hope i dont regret it lol.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
8 toothdrivers with 3" Powerclaw

Told on Facebook viper forum it couldnt be done. My 15 Mpi viper had 7 tooth with a 2.6. Just put in 8 tooth with the 3" and because of tunnel cut for header it went in easier than when I put in a 2.8 Camso on my 2013 M8 with 8 tooth. Lots of clearance to header and approach angle better. Track rolls easier too. Trying it this weekend. 3hr swap including pressing drivers.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Which Facebook Viper page? It wasn't https://www.facebook.com/groups/1531271380436303/ As bad information is deleted there. If you go there look up Brad Simon posts he did a Viper drop conversion and listed it on the page.

Told on Facebook viper forum it couldnt be done. My 15 Mpi viper had 7 tooth with a 2.6. Just put in 8 tooth with the 3" and because of tunnel cut for header it went in easier than when I put in a 2.8 Camso on my 2013 M8 with 8 tooth. Lots of clearance to header and approach angle better. Track rolls easier too. Trying it this weekend. 3hr swap including pressing drivers.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Is a sidewinder trackshaft the same as an Alpha?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

worklater

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2008
No they are different, I am running an ALPHA set up in my Sidewinder currently and the shafts are different.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
No they are different, I am running an ALPHA set up in my Sidewinder currently and the shafts are different.
What is different?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
I looked into a Cat aluminum shaft for an 18 mountain cat. It didn't have spline for the reverse gear in the chain case. Also the Sidewinder uses snap rings for the brake rotor side the Cat shaft I got was using the lock nuts. I'm assuming the Alpha would be the same.

Premium Features