• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Threads to stay Dry

I have been kinda old school and stingy for the past decade and then took some time off from riding for the past few years.
Back on my sled yesterday for the first time in 5years, epic powder, one of those in your face days, was awesome welcome back!
Historically, I usually wear mountain hardwear pants or the like. But yesterday, they were soaked and I froze if I stopped for too long.
What do y'all think about Klim alpine bibs for women? Any other suggestions? sizing advice- I'm tall, 5'9, 155lbs.
Thanks!

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I've switched over to Klim and have been very happy, so nice to be dry all day! Wearing the Alpine pants and really like them. They do come in talls and sizing runs pretty true.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I have been kinda old school and stingy for the past decade and then took some time off from riding for the past few years.
Back on my sled yesterday for the first time in 5years, epic powder, one of those in your face days, was awesome welcome back!
Historically, I usually wear mountain hardwear pants or the like. But yesterday, they were soaked and I froze if I stopped for too long.
What do y'all think about Klim alpine bibs for women? Any other suggestions? sizing advice- I'm tall, 5'9, 155lbs.
Thanks!

I have a pair of the Alpine Bibs. They are nice and they stay dry but potty breaks suck! I switched to the Men's Free Ride pant because I like just the larger legs (I wear custom knee braces from 2 ACL replacements) and they have more room, easier maneuverability. This years model may be called the POWERXROSS PANT. You can chat with someone on Klim's site to be sure.

M
Mar 7, 2008
klim bibs

Thanks!

my wife loves em. All Klim clothing in fact and for what it's worth
, Spy bravo goggles with "happy lens"

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
motorfist uses eVent fabric.

Much lighter and better in most ways than GORETEX.

Q
Mar 2, 2018
Thanks!

I love my Klim bibs, I never get wet and they have the "trap door" which works great ( just make sure you hold on to the flap!) I am 5'5 140 pounds and they fit me perfect. I have NEVER been wet and I have been wearing them for two winters now.

I have a Klim jacket as well that is great, but I was being cheap and bought a mans small, it fits, but not right so I just ordered a Castle jacket a few weeks back. I am very happy with the fit and design but have only rode in it once. I fell off a lot that day in really deep snow and stayed dry so I do think it will be good in that regard. If I could have found the Klim jacket I wanted in stock I would have ordered one but am happy with the Castle especially for what I paid.

C
Feb 8, 2018
I didn't see anyone mention a monosuit? Single best investment I've ever made- there's no snow or wind getting in anywhere, I've heard that next year's FXR suits will have a drop seat.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I didn't see anyone mention a monosuit? Single best investment I've ever made- there's no snow or wind getting in anywhere, I've heard that next year's FXR suits will have a drop seat.
I have ridden with a FXR monosuit for the past two season and LOVE it! No need for drop seat any longer... I love my Pstyle! https://www.amazon.com/pStyle/dp/B07CRSDWR3

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
I have had 2 Klim pants (uninsulated) which I liked, then went to Klim Togwotee bibs (uninsulated) love those. Now I have a Klim onesie which is awesome. Bathroom breaks are no different in any of them. All are kind of a pain for us women. You won't make a wrong choice with anything Klim.

Premium Features