• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switching motors in a 06' 900

S
Dec 11, 2007
My buddy fried his sled the other day, heard around he should maybe look into putting an 800 motor in it instead of the 9, has anyone done this and if so what should he expect?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
sounds like you have plugged oil inlets if you threw a crank in under 600 miles. you would better off spending the money on a IndyDan lower end and starting new. I think a complete bottom end is 1900? someone correct me if I'm wrong but that is for the TM1 (Torque Master) crank with 32mm taper and machined cases with a clutch included I believe. Best money you will ever spend.

R
Dec 17, 2006
sounds like you have plugged oil inlets if you threw a crank in under 600 miles. you would better off spending the money on a IndyDan lower end and starting new. I think a complete bottom end is 1900? someone correct me if I'm wrong but that is for the TM1 (Torque Master) crank with 32mm taper and machined cases with a clutch included I believe. Best money you will ever spend.
Yes times 2 ....Ive put about 1200 miles on mine ....and the cylinders and pistons look brand new yet... very happy with work he did...very solid motor now...:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features