• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 700 rmk crank seal?

S
Jan 16, 2010
I have a 2000 700 rmk all stock,started it for first time and it revs to 3500 to 4000 rpm, checked for sticky cables/carb slides all ok. (was running fine when i parked it in march/09) sprayed gas around pto side crank seal and idle came down,found no leaks @ air box,carb boots etc. What size is internal thread to pull the p-85? Can you pop these off with a 3/4" fine thread bolt like the older clutches? Also, is the seal servicable once primary clutch is removed or do i have to split case?
Any info would be apreciated.
Thanks.:confused:

Last edited:
F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
How many miles? Not very common failure on the 700's. I would clean your carbs before going after a bad crank seal. If the seal was bad and fuel got past it when you poured it on the seal the motor would rev up, not down.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
True but from what he said I would look at carbs before a crank seal if all it did was sit since last March.

Dirty carbs/old fuel can make for a funky running motor as well and it is a lot easier to clean carbs/drain fuel than replace a crank seal.

Either way, he has a problem:)

Premium Features