• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 wheel conversion

R
Sep 21, 2008
I am considering doing a 2 wheel conversion on my 99 700 RMK. Here is what i was thinking:

1- Cut each end of the axle by the width of the bearing (about 7/16" on each end).
2- Cut the inner long axle spacer by the width of one of the wheel bearings.
3- Assemble leaving the adjusters and idler spacers on the outside of the rails, with 2 idler spacers, 2 wheels and a shortened axle spacer inside the rails. The axle seems to have enough thread depth to accept the original bolt, although if not i would get some bolts that are a 1/4" shorter.

Is it that simple?

Also, i know that some will argue that this will have no positive impact on the sidehilling, etc... but I would do this mostly because i think it looks cool! :face-icon-small-coo

Thanks-

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
2 wheel

I drilled on end deeper with a bit that fit inside the threads. Then I cut off the axle to the length I wanted. Then I re-threaded the hole. I left enough length to allow a set of spacers on the outside of the rails to leave the adjusters in the stock position. This works quite well. I modified both of my sleds like this. Best part is that it only cost me time, no dollars out on this mod.

Premium Features