• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Add Assault Spindles to Khaos ???

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
If the skid is made for more nimble handling as advertised. Why not add Assault Spindles ..

They have more negative caster

Not the Indy Assault those are trail height.

They were only offered in 16-18 in many colors .

The lower hole in the tunnel doesn't seem to be the mounting location on the Khaos but a longer arm and rail mount location. So what about moving it down there ?? Will it do wheelies like a Thundercat???

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If the skid is made for more nimble handling as advertised. Why not add Assault Spindles ..

They have more negative caster

Not the Indy Assault those are trail height.

They were only offered in 16-18 in many colors .

The lower hole in the tunnel doesn't seem to be the mounting location on the Khaos but a longer arm and rail mount location. So what about moving it down there ?? Will it do wheelies like a Thundercat???

I believe the React spindles have a different bolt spacing. I will need to get my caliper out, but comparing an ‘18 side by side looks to be different.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I am about to cut a set of top A-arms from a ProRide and build some with adjustable caster for my 2019. Is it true that the Assaults do have different Camber? I have some Assault offsets here that I will have to measure.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
There is a old ZRP post ( narrowed Assault spindles ) with them side by side and it is very clear that there is less caster . Camber is the same .

Caster and Camber can always be remembered with OUT and BACK are Positive!!

I am looking to trade a Alt Impact 37" for anyone's stock 16-18 Assault RMK Front .. Complete both ways shocks and all included Sway Bar to the Assault too ..

Last edited:

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I am about to cut a set of top A-arms from a ProRide and build some with adjustable caster for my 2019. Is it true that the Assaults do have different Camber? I have some Assault offsets here that I will have to measure.

The PRO ones have a different top mount boss for more height with that adjustable heim. And Maybe not in your case but the ones I used had 3/8 hardware and Assault Spindles had 10 mm

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
There is a old ZRP post ( narrowed Assault spindles ) with them side by side and it is very clear that there is less caster . Camber is the same .

Caster and Camber can always be remembered with OUT and BACK are Positive!!

I am looking to trade a Alt Impact 37" for anyone's stock 16-18 Assault RMK Front .. Complete both ways shocks and all included Sway Bar to the Assault too ..

Here is the Assault(red) vs the 19(grey)(same geometry as 16-18).
A-Arm spacing is identical.
ramast2.JPG

rmkast1.JPG

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The PRO ones have a different top mount boss for more height with that adjustable heim. And Maybe not in your case but the ones I used had 3/8 hardware and Assault Spindles had 10 mm

It is actually caster that I am out to change and not camber as I mentioned incorrectly. I want my spindles to sit more straight up and down.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I attached the picture .. the red in the rear is the Assault RMK one ..
Why do we not want the trail numbers associated with them ?? It would be the Mostest Flickable !!

Attachments

• 71e26f6bcf1f3c129d7d8573b7dfbaeb.jpg
    71e26f6bcf1f3c129d7d8573b7dfbaeb.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
I attached the picture .. the red in the rear is the Assault RMK one ..
Why do we not want the trail numbers associated with them ?? It would be the Mostest Flickable !!

Aligning through the a-arm bolt axis is the correct way to look at it.
For the most part, the steering arm is what is different on the Assault.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I've totally derailed my own post my picture and ZRPs are all garbage trail sleds . I will refrain from including him in any posts again sorry to all !!!!

Ok back to my post About RMK Assaults and Kahos .. not 144 Indys

Last edited:
Premium Features