• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DuraFlex Ice Scratchers

Rockpicker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Miller, SD
Anyone else think these things are junk? After the first ride with these things they were clear up off the ground. Called the company and they told me to, "bend them back down". That's great until you ride it another mile or so and they are right back to where they were.

Have the older Slidekicks an another sled and they work great.

Not at all happy with these things.

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
Anyone else think these things are junk? After the first ride with these things they were clear up off the ground. Called the company and they told me to, "bend them back down". That's great until you ride it another mile or so and they are right back to where they were.

Have the older Slidekicks an another sled and they work great.

Not at all happy with these things.

Bend them back down?
Aren't they supposed to be made of spring steel?

B

butters77

Jan 29, 2009
Mellette SD
Had them, took them off after their first trip. Weren't even touching the ground after the first day.. I will deal with snapping off the spring style, at least the work while they are in one piece.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I liked the old Slidekicks, but have the same problem with these Duraflex's. I even made a mark from the scratcher to the rail and the scratcher wasn't moving on the bolt it was just losing it's ability to maintain stiffness... Don't they make a pill for that???

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
I agree with what everyone else says. I first bought the first series and they were longer, smaller diameter but worked great I thought. I sold that sled and bought a new one. Bought the new duraflex and they were horrable. After riding a bit, they were not touching at all. Diameter is too thick I believe and won't stay down. When I have it parked, I usually unhook them even so they hang down. Will be looking for something new at haydays this year.

Premium Features