• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 Indy losing RPM's at full throttle? HELP!!!

N
Oct 1, 2009
Western, IA
My 2000 indy runs good but seems to slow down and lose rpms when i give the sled full throttle. Its a really nice and taken care of sled.... can't figure out why its boggging down? Any help would be great!

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
It could be caused by too big of main jets. It could also be caused by a weak secondary clutch spring so it won't allow the secondary clutch to backshift properly so it drags down the engine rpm. Likewise the helix and helix buttons could be worn in the secondary and cause shift problems too. It could also be caused by dirty clutches so they are sticking in a certain position. If you haven't cleaned and done maintenance on the clutches recently I would start there.

M
Feb 24, 2010
Yeah my friend posted this question for me. My sled is a 2000 polaris indy triumph 600 with 1000 miles on it. The previous owners never had it above probably 50 mph. Whenever i give it full throtle or it gets up to about 55-60 mph it loses rpm. The rmp gets up to 7800 and goes down to about 6500. I'm sure the clutch has never been cleaned and i don't know how to take it apart or the right settings for it. any help would be appreciated.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
check for the clip on the needle in the carbs, it might came off so it might need a new one. the clip is a very small so let you know. happened to my rmk when it was running slow at full throttle.

Premium Features