• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 King Cat drop brackets...

A
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City, SD
I don't have any experience with the homemade straight brackets, but I can tell you that the SJ L-shaped brackets seem like the way to go. By the time you figure in your time and the material, and the chance that they don't work as well, you're probably money ahead to just get the SJ brackets. Jist my $.02

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
moving front arm, for ski lift?

have sled junky's as well, greatly improves the ride, but like rixster , i also liked the stock ski lift for boondocking, with the sledjunkies though and my 250lbs i found i would bottom the suspension occasionally, so i went back to stock suspension and hated it.today i swapped back to the sledjunkies , and got my rear shock revalved ,for my wieght. anyways while do the install i noticed where the front arm bolts to the tunnel that there are two more holes from the inside,so i drilled the one out just below the original hole , mounted the front arm there, now the sled sits a little lighter on the nose, not quite like atock , but in between the two , and the track still has the sledjuny benefits out back, hopefully this will work, any ideas?

also going to sell my new jaws front dump can, just too loud , drives me nuts too loud for me .

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Moving the front arm?

If you move the front arm down, doesn't that kinda work against the drop brackets? The drop brackets are for keeping the ski lift in control and to make the rails run parralel to the ground. If you lower the front arm the skis will lift and the rails won't be parralel, you will only have gained ground clearance. Thats all! -00's

900kingkitty

Nov 27, 2007
terrace b.c, canada
not really , it does not sit on the floor the same way it did without the junky's
without them the rear of the track was about 3/4 on an inch off of the ground, this way maybe 1/8th, you still get the benefit of the track not tightening as the suspension compresses, and maybe just a little lighter in the front when boondocking

M
Jan 9, 2008
I've had a KK 2 years without drop brackets.

Just got another KK with them.

I don't ride trails - only steep and deep. They are not an advantage for where and how I ride (counter-steer style) - in fact, I think they are actually detrimental but I am still evaluating. I can see them working great on trails though.

N
Jan 22, 2008
I put them on a KK and an 800 mtn cat and the difference was incredible. I put Sled Junkies on and I couldn't believe the change

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
Drop Brackets

I made my own drop brackets, not for the ride but to clear the 2.5" lugs of a camo extreme. I have a '03 MC 900 so the coolers run under the tunnel, thus the stock tracks are notched. I made my brackets 1.5" lower than stock, and I did a set back to clear the extroverts I put on. The initial setup took a while but I ended up with the #1 position on the torsion spring, loosest setting on the limiter strap, and light tension on the front shock. As you can see below there is plenty of ski lift. You have to watch the corners on the trails... I was following a buddy in Cooke when I flew off the trail and hit a big tree (notice the new black belly pans). I recommend this for any 1M chassis, great traction!
Doug

1118071738b.jpg

100_0960.jpg

T
Jan 10, 2008
I have a 04 KK and I was going to put the SJ drop brackets on but it was to accomadate the Camo Challenger Extreeme 16 X 162 X 2.5.

Now I am hearing I need a anti-stab kit if I get the SJ drop brackets......????? Little help any pics of a anti-stab kit??

I have another 04 1M 159 X 16 X 2.3 that I have SJ drop brackets but no anti stab kit and I have had no troubles yet.........I have heard of the stabbing issue but its after they have hit something and changed the position of the rails.....

Thanks,
Tabasco

W
Nov 27, 2007
Been thinking about drop's. I have a 2003.5 1m900. It has the 2.5 pitch 151. Would I need an anti-stab kit If I installed drop brkts? Will drop brkts keep it from trenching on a climb? What about sidehilling on hardpack? Thats gota be tough with a high a$$ end.

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
$90 from SLP for an antisab kit. you take out a crossbar at the from of your rails (where your limiter strap mounts). easy fix if youre worried about it

Premium Features