• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 850 demo sleds struggling in Norway.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I have like most others in this part of the forum been following the release of the new 850 engine with alot of excitement!

But, there has been several reports that the demo sleds touring Norway is struggling with engine problems.

http://scooterforum.no/index.php?threads/polaris-2019.41191/page-13

One guy says that three out of five 850`s would not start, and was only for display. Another says that the Pro he tested took about 60 pulls to start.

One posted a picture of a sled with the panels of stating it had eaten two drive belts and now only would run on one cylinder, and that the ones running seemed to misfire badly on full throttle.

The dealers running the demos are saying there are electrical issues, most likely related to the maps on them, and that the sleds has been run to hard during break-in.

I must say, this is not what I was expecting, engine supposed to be extensively tested?

Any similar reports anywhere else?

Fingers crossed this is easily sorted, and is not an indication of what is to come:face-icon-small-blu

Screenshot_20180319-204124.jpg

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
There have been demo 850s in Idaho. All have run flawlessly according to everyone that I have talked to that has rode them.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Do sleds come with those bars in Norway? I would guess the pic is an 18 800. I haven’t been around an 850 yet so I can’t comment on the running issues

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
It's hard to really tell but the spindles don't look quite right for a 19???

????????????

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The shock springs don’t look right either. Not SLS. Also, does the SKS use torsion bars on the skid instead of coil over shock?

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Let's put this into perspective,

Someone posted this and found info on site that is in a foreign language we cannot even understand????

The pictures don't appear to add up????

And we're suppose to believe this ???

D
Mar 13, 2014

Someone posted this and found info on site that is in a foreign language we cannot even understand????

Yes. Ha

If I took this forum serious I would never ride my Doo 850 with all the problems it hasn't had. The Polaris motor will be fine.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Not sure that the info coming from another country has anything to do with it being credible or not.

Looks like a Switchback. Correct me if I’m wrong but they are coming with the 850?

Probably not gonna get my panties in a bunch either way.

Premium Features