• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let BRP know we want an 850 - 174

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
I went to skidoo.com and selected contact and feedback and sent them a note complaining about no 850 - 174.
I got this back within a few minutes.
Let them know we want a 174 - 850!

http://www.ski-doo.com/form/contact-us.html

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, I do apologize for the inconvenience. The new models are based on marketing, sales, and customer feedback. At this point nothing is set in stone, and they may make some changes before the final units are released. We won't know until a later date.

Should you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to reach us by replying to this email or at T + 888.272.9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP,

Matthew Bourque
Customer Service Representative

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
Or maybe they could just offer a riding clinic and some extenze with snow checks to reduce the number of compensators.

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
I know everyone that rides a 174 sucks at riding and we have no fun in the trees other than the times we go around a tree and run over our own snow flap.:face-icon-small-dis

If you don't want one, fine don't buy one. Some of us enjoy riding a 174!

G

Gobig510

Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
Why stop at 174?

I personally think the increments should be much bigger. I mean the difference between a 163 and 174, isn't it like 4inches that is actually touching the snow? I propose 150 (freeride guys), 165 (most tree bashers), and 185 (chute climbers, and for those like will always buy the longest and most extreme track). And the 185 should be offered in with a T4 package, yes 4inch paddles. :face-icon-small-hap

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Or maybe they could just offer a riding clinic and some extenze with snow checks to reduce the number of compensators.

It's funny how I keep hearing these terms about guys with 174s need compensators to make up for their lack of riding skill Lmao. I have a much different view while I'm waiting at the top of something waiting for an hour for these 155-163 guys to make it and continue on for the day. Are you guys really serious or just really that misinformed on how much better a xm 174 does in real snow conditions over everything else?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I love the 174 and was disappointed that one was not coming, really the truth is not many people understand the effort it takes to do one sled, let alone calibrate 2, it is not happening due to not enough time to get it right for this year...it has nothing to do with marketing or holding off to stretch out release dates, what they did here was incredible with these two sizes...the 165 absolutely rips and I feel it is ahead of the current 174. After riding it I was not disappointed! cheers dave

G

Gobig510

Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
It's funny how I keep hearing these terms about guys with 174s need compensators to make up for their lack of riding skill Lmao. I have a much different view while I'm waiting at the top of something waiting for an hour for these 155-163 guys to make it and continue on for the day. Are you guys really serious or just really that misinformed on how much better a xm 174 does in real snow conditions over everything else?

I know. I rented an xm 174 T3 this year because my other sleds were in the repair shop. Holy s***, it was in a whole other league from anything else I have ever ridden. I was half throttling up stuff I know I would have been tapped on any other 800 I have ridden. Not only that, but I didn't notice the difference in track length when it came to the tight technical riding. I was able to turn around trees, sidehill, carve just as easy as my 153. Impressive sled. If I don't pull the trigger on a new 850 I might just pick up a slightly used 2016 174.

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
I love the 174 and was disappointed that one was not coming, really the truth is not many people understand the effort it takes to do one sled, let alone calibrate 2, it is not happening due to not enough time to get it right for this year...it has nothing to do with marketing or holding off to stretch out release dates, what they did here was incredible with these two sizes...the 165 absolutely rips and I feel it is ahead of the current 174. After riding it I was not disappointed! cheers dave

Dave,
I know it's a new motor and clutch, but by comparing last years 154, 163 and 174 to the new 154 and 165 there should be a pretty good baseline to start on a '17 - 174.
After all what else do you have to do for the rest of the riding season:face-icon-small-hap.

Steve

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave,
I know it's a new motor and clutch, but by comparing last years 154, 163 and 174 to the new 154 and 165 there should be a pretty good baseline to start on a '17 - 174.
After all what else do you have to do for the rest of the riding season:face-icon-small-hap.

Steve

It is way more than that...if they could do it they would, has nothing to do with holding things back. These guys are worked just bringing the 154 and 165 out....they have done an amazing job too!

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN

No, we're not serious or misinformed, just giving you ****. I couldn't care less what you ride.

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
It is way more than that...if they could do it they would, has nothing to do with holding things back. These guys are worked just bringing the 154 and 165 out....they have done an amazing job too!

Dave,
When you already have the 154 and 165, how much more is there for a 174?
I'm not being a jerk, I seriously want to know what goes on to develop a new machine.
I also appreciate you taking the time to answer the questions that have been thrown out.

Steve

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Longer track

From what I'm hearing if guys could order the 850 with a longer than 165 track they would. They are hoping it'll happen yet. It could be a 175. 178.5. 182. What ever, they just need/want the extra length.

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
This topic makes me laugh. No ones ridden the 165 yet and people are already telling BRP they need to make a 174....?

What's the obsession over the 174? I just don't get it. Am I missing something? last time I was out riding with a group we had two guys on 174's and they just smoked cigarettes and picked there noses all day long. Everyone else in the group tore up the untracked snow from spot to spot. Hahaha

S
Jul 30, 2015
Calgary, AB
This topic makes me laugh. No ones ridden the 165 yet and people are already telling BRP they need to make a 174....?

What's the obsession over the 174? I just don't get it. Am I missing something? last time I was out riding with a group we had two guys on 174's and they just smoked cigarettes and picked there noses all day long. Everyone else in the group tore up the untracked snow from spot to spot. Hahaha

I sure don't own one.. mainly cause I am 5'9" and 180lbs, so **** that extra weight of sled, but I'd say it is because of size.

In the toy world size does matter, just like lifted trucks that roll down the highway. It is all a game.

Jump from the 163" 3" Axys to the new 850 165 3" to the 800 174 3" and they all take you anywhere we should be going.. it's all about owning the longest sled, the biggest truck.. all measured by dick lengths :)

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
I sure don't own one.. mainly cause I am 5'9" and 180lbs, so **** that extra weight of sled, but I'd say it is because of size.

In the toy world size does matter, just like lifted trucks that roll down the highway. It is all a game.

Jump from the 163" 3" Axys to the new 850 165 3" to the 800 174 3" and they all take you anywhere we should be going.. it's all about owning the longest sled, the biggest truck.. all measured by dick lengths :)

I get that most of you non 174 riders are the greatest riders on snow! And you are very much right that some of the 174 riders in my (our) group are not all that good!
Why is that? We have been taking our kids out west since they have been 8-9 years old and continue to take new people along with us now.
We ride mainly off trail and it's a lot easier for the kids and newbies to follow on the bigger more forgiving sleds than a shorty.
So yes, my daughter and the kids are lacking in the dick department!

We spend a lot of time and money to drive 17 hours one way to ride, so when we're out there we prefer to ride not dig people out! We don't smoke so we don't sit doing that, and only pick our noses when necessary.

We have 5 T3's (1-163 & 4-174's) and a converted 154 to a 174 T3 in our group of 3 adults. The plan was for the 163 to upgrade to a 174, because he was tired of being out done by the 174's and for the other guy and me to add another 174 each.

I don't understand why people that don't or won't ride a certain machine have to come on here and insult and degrade because they, in their opinion don't see a need.

Rant over, for now. :face-icon-small-hap

Steve

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Longer tracks

The guys I'm talking about are running big bores and turbos. Not stock sleds by any means. My 162" will have a 174" under it before the next trip back to the mountains. Because the difference is huge when you've got way more power than stock sleds do.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I would have a hard time buying anything BUT a 174 after owning all the lengths.
It's mainly because I am getting old and suck at riding...I need all the help I can get and I'm not afraid to say it! :face-icon-small-hap

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
I emailed Brp my disappointment letter and this was the reply

Pic

image.jpg

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
if the dealers only have a few 850 shortys to sell,maybe they will sell 174 parts without a engine.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I went to skidoo.com and selected contact and feedback and sent them a note complaining about no 850 - 174.
I got this back within a few minutes.
Let them know we want a 174 - 850!
http://www.ski-doo.com/form/contact-us.html

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, I do apologize for the inconvenience. The new models are based on marketing, sales, and customer feedback. At this point nothing is set in stone, and they may make some changes before the final units are released. We won't know until a later date.
Matthew Bourque
Customer Service Representative

BRP is about the marketing, and in marketing there are "Chiasm patterns" (this time AB) (next time BA) - a brilliant way to keep on top of the competition by a constant drip of "buzz" going for ski-doo.

2015 - First there was T3 x 163, 174...no 154

2016 - Enter the T3 x 154

2017 - T3 x 154, 165...no 174 (we cant give you everything, we gotta keep the hype of you "wanting")

2018 - Enter the 174 as only one with option of T3.4" track. The 154, 165 are 2.5 and 3.0 only. (my friends that 6 tooth drive is a "setup" to stuff a bigger paddle track in there and im going to place $5 bucks that the 850x174 will have an optional 3.4" track next season - and not in the smaller sleds, until....)

2019 - 154, 165, 174 T3.4" option on all

Marketing to trigger your endorphins to reduce the pain of not having something "new vs. poo" and cause the feeling of euphoria for potential owners of Doo. :becky:

Take away the 174, but wait, you have these 2 kewl fking sleds right now - gotta save something for next year boiz.

Here is BRP escape route from giving you an answer
At this point nothing is set in stone, and they may make some changes before the final units are released. We won't know until a later date.

"nothing is set in stone" is a distraction.
may" & "until a later date" leaves it inconclusive to be open for debate - leave it open so BRP can maintain the control of being able to only have to react to your argument.

Last edited:
Premium Features