• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 summit 850

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
850.... shama Lama !!

attachment.php

Screen shot 2016-02-21 at 7.08.35 AM.jpg

bootz1981

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2008
zap, nd
I got 3700 miles on my 13 and 900 on my 16 axys , i have had not one down day or bad running day or even a missed day. so for you to pick out he 2 or 3 axys you know , and out of the what 30 or 40 thousands sleds sold by poo from 11-16 (you know the ****ty years), and condemn polaris cause the cant build a good sled is very near sighted plus closed minded. if i follow your train of thought, ski doo cant build a sled then either. with the 3 i ride with all 3 have been in for warranty work before the 100 mile mark, but would i own one, hell yes, skidoo can build a damn good sled, can a skidoo go places i shouldnt , most very, am i thinking about a 17 skidoo, maybe, but im not against new technology like so many are when poo does it but love it when skidoo does it. i suppose klim ,timber sled and 509 now magically cant build good stuff either

I love lightweight but I've seen enough axys with problems this year that I won't be buying one. I was going to buy one not now. I've seen my buddies miss 3' pow days because of bogging issues. So your statement of them being light years ahead is 100% false. They were ahead a little in the deep powder capability when they run right but that's it. Durability is more important than light weight especially when the difference in rtr weight is only 20lbs. 174 t3 vs axys 163x3". This new chassis, engine and clutch combo will have poo and cat worried. As soon as poo can figure out how to build a sled that can go 2000 miles with only maintainance then I'll be looking at them again. When I ask the poo guys I ride with how long they've gotten an engine to last they always say " we don't care. We get new ones every year so we don't have to worry about the engine blowing up". Lol. That isn't something I have the luxury of doing so I have to buy something that will last. I've got 2600 miles on my sled and haven't done anything but maintained it. Gotta love Doo.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Some of you guys are going a little too far. I know this is the doo section but come on. There are xm's with broken rods. The two trips with problems have been xm's.
Poo isn't going to be scared. They are going one direction and doo another. Neither are wrong. It's just a matter what you want. The doo will have a better motor and Polaris will go skinny and lightweight. The Polaris is still going to work better in the steep sidehills and really deep powder. They aren't near as skinny as the axys. Hopefully they got rid of the death wobble because I am going to get one for my wife. I wanted more changes until someone told me they didn't want it if it wasn't still a doo. That is a really good point. That's the great thing about choices.

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I got 3700 miles on my 13 and 900 on my 16 axys , i have had not one down day or bad running day or even a missed day. so for you to pick out he 2 or 3 axys you know , and out of the what 30 or 40 thousands sleds sold by poo from 11-16 (you know the ****ty years), and condemn polaris cause the cant build a good sled is very near sighted plus closed minded. if i follow your train of thought, ski doo cant build a sled then either. with the 3 i ride with all 3 have been in for warranty work before the 100 mile mark, but would i own one, hell yes, skidoo can build a damn good sled, can a skidoo go places i shouldnt , most very, am i thinking about a 17 skidoo, maybe, but im not against new technology like so many are when poo does it but love it when skidoo does it. i suppose klim ,timber sled and 509 now magically cant build good stuff either

So out of the 4 axys that I ride with all for have bogging issues. Let's see. That 100%. Maybe they all bought monday sleds but I've watched videos of Keith Curtis and I hear the same bogg in some of his videos. Don't get all twisted up because poo can't seem to get their engines figured out 100%. Obviously they run good most of the time but it's dam frustrating when we have 6-7 days of bluebird pow and on 3 of those days instead of riding we are waiting on the poos while they are pulled apart tinkering, trying to figure out why they won't run. I didn't say Doo was perfect. But I've never had to miss a day of riding because of engine issues. And I've never ridden with anyone on a Doo that has had to miss ridding days because of engine issues. Clutches and s mods are another story. But I was specifically referring to engines here. And I was replying to someone saying the axys is light years ahead. No they're not. Each year they take turns. I'm glad to see Doo going to a mountain specific chassis. It's about time!! Not that the t3 is bad though.

Bottom line...pick your poison. I like mine in yellow. Lol

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Show us one xm that is n/a that got a broken rod.. Dont happen and the rods that have broken under boost.. Would never happen on a poo because they could never make the same power doo can.. This new 850 just Barrie's poo, quicker than a d10 cat

Some of you guys are going a little too far. I know this is the doo section but come on. There are xm's with broken rods. The two trips with problems have been xm's.
Poo isn't going to be scared. They are going one direction and doo another. Neither are wrong. It's just a matter what you want. The doo will have a better motor and Polaris will go skinny and lightweight. The Polaris is still going to work better in the steep sidehills and really deep powder. They aren't near as skinny as the axys. Hopefully they got rid of the death wobble because I am going to get one for my wife. I wanted more changes until someone told me they didn't want it if it wasn't still a doo. That is a really good point. That's the great thing about choices.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I never said na. They were boosted. Doo isn't going to bury them. Look at all the underpowered pros they sold. Look at all the razors they've sold. Doesn't matter whether you like them or not. Poo is better at marketing.
doo will have more power but when it's deep the poo is still going to shine in the trees. They are skinny and lightweight and have very little drag in the snow. The axys gets up on the snow better than any of them. I'm not blind. I know what works with all of them. I just posted the rod thing because everyone has problems. I've seen more trouble with xm's, in our group, than anything. You make it sound like it's everyone but doo.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
So out of the 4 axys that I ride with all for have bogging issues. Let's see. That 100%. Maybe they all bought monday sleds but I've watched videos of Keith Curtis and I hear the same bogg in some of his videos. Don't get all twisted up because poo can't seem to get their engines figured out 100%. Obviously they run good most of the time but it's dam frustrating when we have 6-7 days of bluebird pow and on 3 of those days instead of riding we are waiting on the poos while they are pulled apart tinkering, trying to figure out why they won't run. I didn't say Doo was perfect. But I've never had to miss a day of riding because of engine issues. And I've never ridden with anyone on a Doo that has had to miss ridding days because of engine issues. Clutches and s mods are another story. But I was specifically referring to engines here. And I was replying to someone saying the axys is light years ahead. No they're not. Each year they take turns. I'm glad to see Doo going to a mountain specific chassis. It's about time!! Not that the t3 is bad though.

There are two Xms in the group I ride with one is a 13 on its third engine with 3500 miles and the other a 15 with 1000 miles and a sized pro crank bearing 100 percent failure rate with your logic guess we should all sell and buy Yamaha...

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I see where you would think that but it is true I'm not saying they are junk it's just how the cards fell with the group I ride with

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
There are two Xms in the group I ride with one is a 13 on its third engine with 3500 miles and the other a 15 with 1000 miles and a sized pro crank bearing 100 percent failure rate with your logic guess we should all sell and buy Yamaha...

Tell the Water heads to quit using Water for oil!!:face-icon-small-hap

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I hope more people buy skidoo.(or cat) All i see in the parking lot in mccall are pros or axys you have to wrap it to know which one is yours!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI

A missed day is a missed day be it on a engine that won't run or a crumpled S-module.

Smoke Show

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2008
Fort Nelson, BC
Yeah not a single Polaris in Revelstoke. Rumour is the snow is too deep for a 15" wide track.

so my buddy is a hard core Polaris guy and we jab each other lots but that was one of the things we both commented on. There's very few polaris' in Revy. Same with Whistler 3 years ago but maybe that's changed as I know Brown is pushing Polaris now.

Premium Features