• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 rear skid setup??

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thought I would make a thread for us guys with the new 2010 skid, and what setup everyone has found that works the best for the new skid with boost??

I am going out this week to the mountains and I have not touched the rear skid yet. Can someone help me out and give me a good starting point? I am a little over 200 pounds with gear and gonna be running 15lbs of boost.

Thanks
Mike

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
my sled is getting the same goodies as iceman...I am also very curious on setup.

Iceman, do you have photos of your seat? please post

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
rode one with mini boost..loved it:)
did notice it will need some sort of coupling for any major slopes. I like the Polaris blocks from the old Ultras...........3 dimensional. But it may take more than that to stick the front end into the hill. For booning around it was amazing and something I would love to ride on a daily basis.:)
RS

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
rode one with mini boost..loved it:)
did notice it will need some sort of coupling for any major slopes. I like the Polaris blocks from the old Ultras...........3 dimensional. But it may take more than that to stick the front end into the hill. For booning around it was amazing and something I would love to ride on a daily basis.:)
RS

Thanks, do you know how he had it set up at all? Pressure in shocks? limiter strap sucked down? What do you think would work the best for keeping the front down with no blocks

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Thanks, do you know how he had it set up at all? Pressure in shocks? limiter strap sucked down? What do you think would work the best for keeping the front down with no blocks

Went up from 135 to 150 on rear.......no help on steep hill....only poorer ride.
As far as working with no coupling.......sorry it won't on a steep hill. Tail wheels will just drive into the hill.........but i guess it depends on what you call a steep hill:eek:

S

scarlier

Dec 29, 2009
Sicamous, BC
coupling blocks

Like climbmax said they are at the polaris dealer and come off of a 1996 Polaris Ultra. Bumper mount part# 5131113 and bumper pivot arm # 5410925. I talked to Andy at the Polaris dealer in High River AB and he has them in stock. 403-652-7600

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Like climbmax said they are at the polaris dealer and come off of a 1996 Polaris Ultra. Bumper mount part# 5131113 and bumper pivot arm # 5410925. I talked to Andy at the Polaris dealer in High River AB and he has them in stock. 403-652-7600

Thanks, anyone got a pic of where these blocks go? Kinda new to setting up a skid

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Any pics of 2010 Nytro stock skid mods to lessen ski lift?

Thanks, anyone got a pic of where these blocks go? Kinda new to setting up a skid

Thought I would bring this back up since everyone says my sled won't keep the front end down with boost. Anybody have any pics of a stock skid modified to couple?
Thanks guys

B
Dec 18, 2007
Sold the blocks to a customer and am waiting for another set but you can simply bolt the Polaris blocks mentioned above in to the top 10 mm existing hole behind the rear scissor.

Nytro Rail.JPG Nytro Rail 2.JPG

B
Dec 18, 2007
Yeas pick up nicely when needed but helps gets rid of the "bumper draggers". You can run a comfortable air preassure and still get in to the steep stuff whithout seeing your life flash before your eyes. Still not an M10 in the chutes but awsome all around set up.

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
Fn awesome! Wonder if you can use coupler blocks on the new "cat" skid you get from Yammy with a 25 pound reduction? Interesting.....

B
Dec 18, 2007
It uses the same rail but the scissor is further ahead. You should be able to couple it but it looks like you will be drilling your own holes. I am really curious to see how the lighwieght skid handles boost.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
I have to say I know someone who spent the season last year trying this and spent half what a decent skid that works cost, lost year of riding a sled that would really climb and ended up buying a new skid anyway. My suggestion is if you want to save money sell your skid and buy an Apex skid or find a used skid that works. Time and money in my opinion. I hope it works for you but I have seen a Impulse Nytro with an Apex skid climb everything and it was a very cheap swap.

Last edited:
T

TApeX_07

I have to say I know someone who spent the season last year trying this and spent half what a decent skid that works cost, lost year of riding a sled that would really climb and ended up buying a new skid anyway. My suggestion is if you want to save money sell your skid and buy an Apex skid or find a used skid that works. Time and money in my opinion. I hope it works for you but I have seen a Impulse Nytro with an Apex skid climb everything and it was a very cheap swap.

And if you want to add a ton of weight.... cheaper route for sure but....

B

big_red1a

Oct 23, 2008
blocks

Has anyone had any sucess with the ski-doo blocks?
Know the part numbers?

Premium Features