• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

did any buy the slp performance edition package for an 02 rmk

Feb 4, 2008
Jackman Me
how did it work and when u do the porting do u have to get biger pistons and when all that was done did u have to bore the carbs and if not is it worth is and what about the crank shaft when should that be played with
thanks for ur help

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
If runout is greater than .0045 you should work over the bottom end. Check your cases for proper fit. The SLP performance edition with bored carbs does really liven up the 800 poos, to the point where they will run as good as any of the 8's out there if clutched properly.

N
Mar 20, 2006
UP STATE NY
how did it work and when u do the porting do u have to get biger pistons and when all that was done did u have to bore the carbs and if not is it worth is and what about the crank shaft when should that be played with
thanks for ur help

I have the slp performance edition package on my 04 prox 8, they ported cylinders but i still run stock pistons. I am sure if you want to go bigger then slp could do that also.

WestMont

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Florence, Mt.
If runout is greater than .0045 you should work over the bottom end. Check your cases for proper fit. The SLP performance edition with bored carbs does really liven up the 800 poos, to the point where they will run as good as any of the 8's out there if clutched properly.

X2.

Premium Features