• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 SP vs X

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
Looks like the running boards are the same on both if you go with the 850. When building a SP, if you select the 850 vs 800 it changes the frame to a Rev G4 instead of the Rev XM.

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
To me the X is worth it. With out question. I spring checked my summit 2014 XM. And I will spring check my next sled. I picked the color, got an extended warranty, rebuild able shocks, gauges ect. or whatever BRP is offering, now its running boards. 5-10lbs lighter. And all summer I had $500 on a brand new summit X. Have a bad day then look at the picture of your new sled. Bingo you feel better instantly.
The X shocks I feel are really nice especially after an oil change. Riders spend soooo much $$$ on after market shocks because they could not rebuild the SP shocks. Or buy floats, Elka ect right off the bat just to be let down after spending $1500-3000. Buyers always want to buy an spring check in the fall, so if you back out someone will buy it. Doo the X

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
You also loose the front bogie wheels on an X. This is where most of the weight is lost. You also have ice scratchers STD on an X.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would go and x for the boards alone. The sp boards are longer and will hang you up in the snow when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

R
Oct 10, 2014
My opinion the X is worth it. Don't forget resale value. I think when it comes time, you can sell the X easier than you can the SP

Premium Features