• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'05 King Cat. Okay, it's not the servo motor, or the ECU...

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Thanks I wondered that...Yes I wouldn't want to eliminate the valves..STM"S would be the way to go.Sounds like you have to send the valves to stm on a 900.That sucks it'll take A bit before I'm riding.I wish I could grab a cheap ecu to see if that is my problem ,then this thing would be stock as I plan on selling it soon.This powervalve problem has me hating this sled already.Wonder how it would run if I got the bypass chip and drove it with valves open.You wouldn't think it would be all that bad with the big torque of the 900.???Touch up the clutching a bit,raise engagement etc.Thoughts???

You can call STM, they will send you the whole set-up and charge you for the core. When you get the kit you send your valve blade to them and they credit you back for the core. You can tie the valves open and get the chip, it will run but WILL be pig-fat on the bottom end. I doubt the STM mod would decrease the value of your sled. If the buyer knows anything about the 1M valves they will be happy to see that you've already done them. Search STM in this section and read the reviews. Good luck!

Premium Features