• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle Cable Issue

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Looking for a little advice. Installed the post forward kit and noticed the throttle cable was tightly routed around the front of the riser when swinging the bars back and forth. I disconnected the throttle cable from the flipper, rerouted the cable and reconnected it.

I just fired up the sled to load it in the trailer and I was getting a bog when trying to move it. I removed my riser bag and the throttle jumped to 3500 or so and remained at a high idle. I shut it down, fired it back up and with a hand firmly on the brake noticed the sled will rev when I move the cable itself. What did I break? :face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I love posting here because I seem to figure it out the problem a few minutes later. I lost my throttle play because the end of the cable wasn't seated in the flipper properly. Little pressure from a pair of needle nose pliers and it popped into the detent. Figured I'll leave this here in case someone else makes the dumb mistake too.

Premium Features