• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle safety switch

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
I am on a trip in the backcountry, having small bog off idle, what color wire is the TSS. I was going to take throttle block apart and unplug, but afraid to mess up washer for throttle pin. Not close to dealer.

I do have and use a tether, and understand the purpose of safety switch.

Thinking i could cut wire outside of throttle block tape it up. If it doesnt work i will solder back when i get back to my house.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
What year? Most just have a small black 2 wire plug in the block just behind it. You need a small torque screw set to remove the white L retaining cover inside the block tho

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Odds are it's not your TSS. Check your belt deflection. When the belt wears and gets narrower, it "gears up" the launch, like trying to take off in 2nd gear. That causes an occasional off idle bog, mostly from a stop. My M8 does it worse if I just rode it a bit hard and then let it sit for a half a second and try to take off again.

I blamed my bog on the TSS, then the SLP can, then low fuel pressure, then a sticking oil pump... In the end, the deflection was excessive and I adjusted it and the bog was instantly gone.

Whod'a thunk??

therookie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks for the replys guys, my sled is a 2017 XF8000 High Country 153".
Put 100 miles on sled today with stock can and working great except i still have the bog for initial start off engagment is at 3500 rpm.

I have the wiring diagram it shows
A microswitch/ rps with a black/white and black/blue. I think this is the TSS.

It also shows a shift switch with a wht/vlt and black wires but i think this is the reverse switch.

I did adjust belt at beginning of trip, I think its tight enough. But i can another look

I would like to rule out the TSS without taking the throttle block apart. If i can finish my trip i will take it apart in my garage. I dont want to mess up the washer for the throttle pin and not be able to find one.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

grandpaj

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Menan, Idaho
wiring

The bl/wh wire and bl/blue are the switch. If you cut/remove the bl/wh it just eliminates the tss, if you do both or the bl/blue then you kill switch seisies to function. cut the black white and all should be good

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
You could also try to adjust the wire so that you have a bigger gap to the TSS. There are hundreds of "solutions" to the bog, but none that seems to work for everyone. I tried to disconnect the switch, more fuel, less fuel (PCV, low rpm fuel) but still bogging, moved the airtempsensor last summer but due to lack of snow it wont leve the garage this season :(

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Duff

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Wheaton, MN
The bog on my '17 went away this year. I added a Speedwerx stage 3 and an SSI intake along with relocating the air temp sensor. Not sure which one did it or it was a combination of them.

Premium Features