• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New intermitant vibration at the left foot and running hot

Out riding yesterday my 12 pro got a little hot a few times, usualy its around 128 heading in on the access trail. I changed 2 things on it from when I rode it last #1 a new belt and #2 apolaris tunnel pack shovel bag. Anyways it got hot a few times and I notice a new intermitant vibration at my left foot so I'm thinking maybe a jack shaft bearing? I'm about to bring it inside drop the panels and have a look ,try moving the secondary clutch around and look for signs and lift the machine and pull the track around.
Anyone got any ideas ? It ideas and runs as usual it's just started getting hot and developed the vibration

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of temps do you guys sleds get to? 128 was about all my sled got to in the past 3 months but yesterday occasionally 200+ and the temp light came on and it spit some coolant. Probably 10 times it was climbing quite high compared to what I seen in the past heading into the powder did not stop or slow the climbing temp so I'm concerned clue me in guys

RoostinRyan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2013
Yakima, WA
What kind of temps do you guys sleds get to? 128 was about all my sled got to in the past 3 months but yesterday occasionally 200+ and the temp light came on and it spit some coolant. Probably 10 times it was climbing quite high compared to what I seen in the past heading into the powder did not stop or slow the climbing temp so I'm concerned clue me in guys
My sled typically runs at 123 when in loose snow and on ice I've seen it in the 180s. This was with out ice scratchers at all. I've seen cooling issues related to an oring in the head coming out of the groove when installed. Just something to think about if you've had it apart recently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Well your in there deffinitly do the t-stat bypass upgrade with the doo 99 stat in the t-fitting. My temps stay around 104 even in marginal snow now and fluctuate much less. On hardpack for along time I maybe seen 120. The new axys sleds are running this step up cause it’s much better with handling temps. Cheap and easy. If u need more info let me know.

C38E13FF-EAFC-4EF4-854F-58EBCC499B7C.jpeg

My sled typically runs at 123 when in loose snow and on ice I've seen it in the 180s. This was with out ice scratchers at all. I've seen cooling issues related to an oring in the head coming out of the groove when installed. Just something to think about if you've had it apart recently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks Ryan , this 12 pro is a well established last year build that has not had the head off lately and no compression loss , but that's deafinatly food for thought.

Did you check the driveshaft bearing behind the secondary clutch? My 13 had the problem and you felt it in the left running board. Might load the motor too.
I pulled the secondary and tryed to woble the shaft and I suspended the back end of the sled in the air and moved the track by hand. Then secondary and belt back on I fired up the sled and spun the track up ab bit all seemed ok.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
The track shaft came into my head first as well but I think it was pretty isolated to 13+ sleds with the aluminum stub.

M
Mar 11, 2019
Vibration

Did you ever figure out the intermittent vibration? I have vibration that started as intermittent now consistent when coming to a stop and or turning left. Checked chain tension and track tension and looked over suspension and bearings still the same. Just curious what you found.

Premium Features