• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 liberty clutch -calling all clutch experts ! pics!

A
Oct 24, 2013
alaska
800 liberty clutch 05 switch/rmk... ok the pics below are what is up ,can u tell what is happening here.... the heel clicker is dug in the side lite on 1 med on the 2nd and really hard on the 3rd the the whole asssy drags a bit on the shaft ....I what/how the machine runs/don't run...please tell me what u think.... pic 4 show the gouging the best

IMG_0186.jpg IMG_0185.jpg IMG_0184.jpg IMG_0183.jpg IMG_0182.jpg

Last edited:

Race

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trump, AK.
It appears that the bushings in the clickers are wallowed out and need to be replaced. If that is happening then more then likely the clutch needs a rebuild, possibly with all the small components replaced. The picture here shows what the bushing looks like...(its in the green and they go in the weights held in by the roller pin), the other pieces are the tool that takes them out of the clickers...like a punch tool. Take the clickers out, put the roller pin in the weight and see how wowed out the bushings are.
bushings.jpg

Here's a link to some of the kits you can get from SLP
http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&view=description&catalogID=3&catID=17&productID=83
http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=17&productID=102

A
Oct 24, 2013
alaska
bad boy I am :eyebrows:..... "" so what would the sled act like "" if they were/are all groved up ? the one shevve that returns on a spring - kind of sticks a bit on the shaft , I just got a brand new take off to put on it and have not had a chance to run it /test in the mtns yet as it 30 below :(

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Weight bushings.

I also run a set of the comet washers on the "push" side to keep the weight pin area for wearing.

Upshift will be erratic. When they get bad, I've seen the weight hang up, keep the clutch engaged, killing the motor when you come to a stop.

sled_guy

A
Oct 24, 2013
alaska
Not sure but it looks like your spider and moveable sheave are bottoming out as well.
here is where this all started (posted at HCS) 2013/14
""""I need some expert help, I know my way around sleds...but this trouble is killing me and the repair shop! They had it to 3 months last winter alone. 2005 switchback stretched to 151/w 2" paddle...it has a bog /RPM drops to 6400/6800 and hangs ...when u work it...highmarking it will just bog all of a SUDDEN and a guy better turn out in a amhurry , and not all the time either-no pumping the gas/ flipping the choke, or rocking side to side helps>..get it back on the flats and it runs like a raped-ape !!!! near every part has been replaced we got it down to the stator and or the ecu as it worked fine after replacing them...FOR 2 DAYS...then rite back to the same thing
dunno.gif
.....any body else run into this???

Last edited:
A
Oct 24, 2013
alaska
I think the shop that worked on it "said they worked or checked the clutch ....was BSing me .....all the wear DID not happen in the last 100 miles ...cause that is all i'v had her out to play since I started down this rode!!1

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
its amazing how far people (yourr shop) will go tearing into things looking for problems and not get the clutches in line first.
as a newbie, i struggled with the same symptoms you describe, just by putting in the recommended clutching the pipe manufacturer recommended.
I tried diff jeting, airbox's, heads, glasspacks instead of can...
3 years after fighting that bitch in the deep, i pulled my head out of my arse and decided to just try the stock helix. and vialo! she began to roost! and not just down the trail anymore.
Glad you found your culprit (hopefully):wine:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
sounds like its not backshifting properly. if the primary was that bad, your secondary probably needs attention too. full service/cleaning/check setup and what gearing it has. id take it to stock rmk specs using stock polaris parts. good luck

Premium Features