• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 replacement engine

O
Jan 13, 2015
I have a 2004 RMK 600 Vertical Escape that blew a hole in the crank case. What should I be looking for in a replacement? Or rebuild the old one? Wife's sled so doesn't need to be tricked out but needs to keep the reverse. This engine says Liberty on the head, have seen ones that say Polaris is there a difference?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Liberty is the Polaris engine. There are lots of people that are parting out their Edge sleds. I myself, would stick with the same size engine that it came with, because then reselling becomes a lot easier. I see an 02 VES XC 600 engine on Ebay right now, for $1150 w/ free shipping. That is the same engine. You just figure out what parts go with your PERC setup, and slap those on. You could have it in and hooked up in 3 hours. However, you would probably want to look real close at the VES valves and compare them with what you have. Then use the pair that have the least amount of abuse. At 130 PSI, you are probably going to be replacing the rings. The water pump may also need rebuilding. Which is a bitch.

Premium Features