• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch/belt issues after storing

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
last season my wife's nytro worked excellent, no issues at all. this season after being stored in an enclosed trailer all spring summer & fall, the belt is catching on the primary. their isn't very much play in the belt and when i went to move it the belt started to burn onto the primary.

i took the primary apart, cleaned it all up, took the secondary apart. cleaned the sheaves on both. put it back together and same thing, it hasn't been beat up or anything to cause misalignment.......

could it be that the belt shrinks in the off season and stretches during use?

i know I'm grasping at straws here.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
So does the secondary move when you spin the track? If not the chain could have broke and it could be jammed in the upper sprocket of the chain case. A rusted/stuck link could probably cause some havoc as well. If the primary looked fine, pull the chain case.

Also check the jackshaft berings...maybe they had water in them and rusted?

N

nerradsrednuas

Oct 27, 2014
Newfoundland
everything seems fine with the clutches. it just seems like the belt is tighter then it needs to be. track only spins if its lifted off the ground. but when I put a load on it, it burns the belt.

still no snow here, so I can't take it for a ride

Premium Features