• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

push arm??

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
I had to replace mine....its like 10 bucks from the dealer....i just called it a torque stop

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You need to make sure that it is adjusted with the proper clearance... .030" to the block or it will be toast again. Tight stops induce vibration in the chassis.

Many times, if the torque stop is toast... this is a symptom of broken front motor mounts... BUT... here's the sukky part.... you cant tell if they are shot with the motor in the sled. About 3/4's of the 2005 900 RMK's I've pulled the motor on had broken front mounts.

Ruied torqe stops are an clue you might have broken front mounts.

M

MacDawg productions

Sep 5, 2008
Van Isle, British Columbia
Thanks guys, my motor is at Indy dans right now getting a tm3. The front mounts are toast, but i've got some comp fusions on the way. So I will call the dealer up and tell them it's a torque stop mounted on the support bracket that I need. Cool.

J

jafraune

Dec 13, 2007
wyoming
no problem.....its funny because i had my sled over at indydans place earlier this year and he found that my torque stop was completely mulched....

Premium Features