• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Exhaust for Nytro MTX

SSE

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
MN
I just picked up an O8 Nytro MTX, and it is terribly stock. Im Wondering what You guys think the best bang for your buck is for more power and if possible less weight? Do You think with exhaust im gonna need a fuel controller, and if so what have you had good luck with? Thanks for your input! :beer;

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
There all pretty much the same as far as weight loss and minimal hp gains but they sure sound a lot better. you wont need a fuel controller and a buddy put an mpi on his and really likes it. He also fabed a bracket and flange added a yoshimura rs3 sounded good but was a little too loud.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Hold onto your hats for just a little longer. Skinz has some really neat neat stuff coming out for the upcoming season with an impressive weight loss. Not sure I should be posting any pics at this time, but I will keep everyone posted.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Hold onto your hats for just a little longer. Skinz has some really neat neat stuff coming out for the upcoming season with an impressive weight loss. Not sure I should be posting any pics at this time, but I will keep everyone posted.

Monte,

I was told to hold off on posting the new stuff, but you are right SWEET stuff coming!

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
There all pretty much the same as far as weight loss and minimal hp gains but they sure sound a lot better. you wont need a fuel controller and a buddy put an mpi on his and really likes it. He also fabed a bracket and flange added a yoshimura rs3 sounded good but was a little too loud.

AJ also has a buddy with a custom 2 brothers undertunnel exhaust...
3.75 lbs total weight, and it sounds great too! CLICKY FOR SOUND CLIP
Also have a ridin' buddy with the same can on an Apex... I hate to say it, but it sounds better than the Nytro!

UT4.JPG

UT6.JPG

UT7.JPG

UT8.JPG

UT9.JPG

UT10.JPG

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
what year and model is the 2 bothers slip on from? i was thinking about going with the yosh rs-5 because of the lower profile oval cannister. i am using an excel vector header, it doesnt have the funny bend in it. the pipe come straight back in the center of the tunnel. going to extend the pipe further back in the tunnel and dump it slightly on and angle near the flap. to get the moisture, and the exhaust note out of the tunnel.

i do have an under tunnel exhaust for sale if the original poster is interested. stock header modified for a lcc (tachacardia) can. complete exhaust header, can and mount brackets. 300.00 all you have to do to complete the under tunnel is fab a tunnel block off plate. ski

t_100_0332_147.jpg

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
It is from a 2005-6 Honda CBR600RR or a 2004-6 CBR1000RR. The mid-pipe and mounting hardware from the 600 are a bit easier to modify to fit the Nytro. THERE IS SOME THINKING INVOLVED - MODS ARE REQUIRED TO MOUNT TO A SLED!

The 2 Bros uses what they call the V.A.L.E. connector system that stops your can from comming loose, or leaking. This system uses no gaskets, but does have a "special" end on the mid-pipe.

I looked at Yoshi's first, but the 2 bros seems to have a better tone, and is much quieter, while still a straight through can. they also offer this little gem that will drop another 4-5 dB without restricting flow...

005-p1_web.jpg

M-2H_dim.gif

opel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Harlowton, MT
The Excell on my apex fits good and sounds good ....... until you hammer down, then your ears cringe. I just about got banned from my riding buddies for helping me out when stuck and they were behind lifting. Sheds the pounds, but at the end of the day I'm begging for ear plugs.

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Thread Moved Title: Best Exhaust for Nytro MTX

Hello,
I am Jeff (arfrce)
I am letting you know that I have moved your thread into the
Yamaha 4-Stroke Forum.

If you have any questions please PM me.

Thank you
Jeff (arfrce)

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
N
Feb 6, 2008
I think I was one of the first to go with the Yosh Ti RS5 pipe mod, and it worked very well ! The sled gained about 400 rpms on top at WOT and the holeshot was up as well. Clutching was needed for optimal straight-line performance, but in the deep snow, the added exhaust flow and less weight in the rear made the sled work better. Some guys like the sound, some don't, it's a matter of choice I suppose. For the $150 I spent on ebay on this mod (pipe was brand new in the box, STEAL OF A DEAL), it was well worth it ! If you're looking to spend little and get less weight with more power, your best bet is to look for an aftermarket slip on exhaust for an undertail mounted sportbike exhaust system like on a CBR RR or a ZX R. As was said earlier, custom mods are required to fit this exhaust, but it's not rocket science. I have all kinds of vids on youtube incase you want to watch them, same username when you do your search. :beer;

Premium Features