• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 sks 700 only sparking one side

N
Jan 19, 2015
So I was cleaning carbs on my 03 sks 700 and got everything back together started it up and idle fine hit the thottle and felt boggy pulle the plugs and pto side was wet replace plugs and same thing. Checke spark and it not sparking on pto side.(switched new wires and boots still no spark on to side. Anyideas? coil? also heard sething about the hi/lo beam switch causing this?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Lighting circuit is separate from ignition circuit so the hi/lo switch won't cause it.

If you put new plug wire and cap on the coil and it still doesn't work then the coil has failed. The coil fires both wires at the same time, it's just a dumb unit.

But if it idles fine then it is sparking... if there is no spark on one side it will be a bitxx to start and won't idle worth a dang.

Recheck you connections to the coils and the plug into the CDI to make sure it's all making good contact. Seeing how you just cleaned the carbs, I would go over them again, taking a close look at the PTO carb to make sure everything is back together right.

sled_guy

N
Jan 19, 2015
I checked all the caps and wires and switched them around again and checked spark and it's still only sparking on the brake side. I'm waiting for a new coil to show up hopefully that fixes it.

Premium Features