• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

genII drop n roll

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Yes, I did that with mine. Gen II with an Edge 7.92 chain case. I used a template... Only the drive shaft moved. Jack shaft stayed put. Worked great. Thanks

Any body ever here of a genII D&R using a edge chain case ?????? its 7/8 longer than stock.....

O

olymon

I just put a edge chain case in a wedge chassis. I stuffed cardboard under and above the jackshaft to hold it in the original position and I slid the chain case over the jackshaft. I rotated it on the jackshaft until it gave me the maximum clearance above and in the front of the tunnel. I than marked each hole through the bolt holes casting using a marker and traced the bearing center the same way.

I drilled a small hole in the center of the bearing mark and measured the offset from the top of the tunnel inside and the front of the tunnel and transfered those measurements over to the speedometer side. I used a hole saw to drill it out big enough for the chain case to pilot onto, than drilled all the mounting bolt holes. No template needed. The drive shaft fits in nice and square to the jackshaft.

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
You'll have issues with that D&R clearing a 2.5" paddle, assuming that the drivers are GT 8 tooth and/or 2.52 pitch. Your best bet is a Polaris 2.52 pitch2.4", in your favorite length with 8 tooth 2.52's... The Polaris track is an excellent track. Thanks

I will keep that in mind I have templates on the way , I just need room for a 2.5 track..

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
OK, .14" radius diff pushing the track closer to the top of the tunnel with the 3" pitch 7 tooth drivers vs. 2.52 8 tooths... + .1" for the 2.5 Camo. I figure you'll have 1/8" clearance at the tightest point vs about 3/8" with the Polaris 2.4 Doable... Thanks

going 3.0p 7 tooth anti ratchets and 162x2.5x15 or 2.25

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Side note; you'll need some 1/4" standoffs for the edge chaincase mount to the gen2 bulkhead. Thanks

jgd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Becker, MN
Yes, the gen2 drive shaft is long. It'll be self evident when you try to mount the case. Consider fabbing a shield behind the drive shaft bearing to keep the snow out. Not mandatory by any means.

1/4 spacers behind chaincase mounts ? correct ?

R
Jan 3, 2008
3/8 " bolt

drill and tap the gear end of the drive shaft, the 5/16" will snap use a plastic wheeled tensioner so the chain is quiet

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Slash I have an extended Pro X case with a C and C lexane cover that would be perfect for you. Its runs like 9 1/4 Center to Center. Works GREAT for huge lug tracks I could have ran over a 3 inch track EASY with 2.52 pitch extroverts.

Premium Features