• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Balancing on Nytro Recommendations?

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I just had a local Yami dealer install new bushings in my clutch. After the first ride I parked the sled and a week later I went to load my sled on my truck and the clutch would not engage. Looks like the bushing is seized on the shaft.

Anyhow I tried move it and accidentally put a small hairline crack in the outer sheave where the slide bushings are. I ordered a new outer sheave and one guy is telling me it needs to be balanced and others are telling me it does not need it. What are your thoughts?

A local machine shop wants $120.00 to do the balancing. I will most likely go ahead and do it to play it safe but just wanted to see what people have done in past?

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
install OEM parts and ride
RS

I have had some guys tell me that it could wear my crank seals out if it is was not balanced properly. Now that I've heard from Guru of Yamaha I guess I won't get it balanced!! Thanks Randy!!! You ROCK!

With heavy snow in the Whistler forecast every day for the next 10 days I need to make sure my sled is ready to ride on the next sunny day!

Premium Features