• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Burning belts on xtx

R
Dec 4, 2009
I have a 09 Nytro XTX and my belts last only 250 to 300 miles.I had dealer install a 1.75 inch track but it was not geared down. I ride here in Alaska at elevation of 500 to 2600 feet with temps of 10 to 38 degrees.My riding is off trails climbing short steep hills with lots of stop and go throttle.Is there any solutions to get better mileage out of a belt.I run everything stock. Please help.

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
sounds like you have excessive belt slippage and your clutch temps are running pretty hot, which is causing premature belt wear. more information is needed such as what your rpm's are doing. is it over-reving? i assume the weights/spring/helix is stock since that is what you posted previously. also, when you say your belts are only lasting 300 miles, what is happening to the belt? cords pulling, breaking, exploding, chunking?

T

twincam88

Oct 10, 2009
yorkton sask
gear it it will be a different sled. also put in somemore venting to the clutches. SLP makes a 2" diameter vent with pre filter on it. they work well. timbersled makes good vents too. it sounds like the clutches are getting hot.

R
Dec 4, 2009
The belts are just losing cords, the rpms are around 8400 to 8600 and everything else is stock.There is a lot of heat when I start hearing the threads and stop to cut them off the clutches are extrmely hot.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Gearing it down should make a big difference. Especially during the stop and go, on/off the throttle type of riding.
I started out with 20/39 then 20/40 and now run 19/40 gearing on my XTX. Very pleased with the 19/40 set-up, no more flat spotting belts. Belt temps are much cooler now as well!

Premium Features