• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt sizes for Nytro mtx.

H

hopewell64

Oct 30, 2008
Any one know the difference between the the yamy belt #s 8DN-17461-01-00 and the 8DN-7641-00-00, my origanal belt was the first, and a replacement was the second, the latter squeels real bad and first never had a problem. thanks

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
more than likely it is squeeling because the secondary is shimmed for a used belt. you need to put the washers back in to the three bolts behind the secondary. the other issue could be that the yamaha belts vary greatly in length between one another (i have seen up to 3/8" difference between belts), you might have purchased a "short" belt. If your center to center is on the tight side this will be more of an issue. i am not aware of any differences between the two belts, usually the "01" is a change in lot number or similar change in production. if yamaha makes a significant change to a particular part number, they will use a "-10"

Last edited:
P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
to my knowledge there is no difference in specs between the 00-00 and the 00-01. BUT, the 00-00 sure seemed to be a tougher belt problem is that you cant get them anymore. As for the belt squealing.....after you get a few miles on the sled the tips on the secondary adjuster screws start to wear off thus making your belt squeal. Replace or reshim the bolts.....OR you can take the clutch apart and shim in between the sheaves with large shims and never have to touch it again. These yamaha adjuster screws will always wear the tips over time.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Yes, one squeals and the other one doesn't. Let me check mine because the dealer specifically told me they both work but one makes noise and one doesn't so that is what they ordered for me.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
dealer told me that 01 is a replacement for 00 but said that they are supposed to be the same Just my 2 cents

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Belts are same spec just updated.
Shims needed or bolts are worn on back of secondary. Of course a new belt will squeel with worn bolts. I usually replace mine each season.....they are designed to wear.
RS

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
The 01 have replaced 00 belt, strange you still get ahold of one.
Reason you got squeel is because the 00 belt is a bit wider (~0,8mm), you need to spread the sheaves a bit to remove it.

H

hopewell64

Oct 30, 2008
thanks guys, i cked with my dealer for the bolts behind the secondary and they have them in stock. dealer confirmed what you guys have stated that we should replace the bolts every season, also that the 00-01 belt difference is a slight width problem. good info. thanks to all.

Premium Features