• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some Torque Specs PLEASE!! 06 rmk 700

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
So..

per MH advice, i was directed to change the front motor mount cross member bolts that were a GRADE 5, to GRADE 8..in the process of doing this..i found 2BOLTS ON THE PTO SIDE CROSS MEMBER WERE MISSING!!! (we just bought it a few mths ago, so not my fault, lol) could not believe my eyes when i saw that..the kid must have been blowing belts left and right..anyways..

i need the torque specs for the cross member bolts and rear motor mount bolts..please..

diagram listed below with #13 and #14 are the ones i am looking for..

Thanks for the help!!

engine.gif

J
Mar 7, 2008
Rears are 28 ft lbs I believe and rear torque stops are the same, those are specs off an 08 700 I dont see that cross member anywhere though.
Srry

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Guido,

Have a look at this pic...

#18 (both sides... 4 total) , #9 (x1), #16 (x2)should be replaced with Gr 8 bolts

9292c09.gif

AND in your pic.... #14 (x1)

Use locktight Blue on these bolts and make sure the bolt and threads in the block/mount are oil free.

attachment.php

TORQUE SPECS

Torquespecs.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Number 13 is a no brainer. Easy to do.

#14... may already be broken off in the block where it threads in the block... check that out. If it is broken... sorry to say... pull the motor... You MAY be able to get it out in place but run the risk of screwing up the block if you arent perfect in the removal process.

Those are the ones that frequently break. You could also go with a better gr 10 bolt if you have a good supplier like Fastenall around you.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Also, check the urethane rubber thrust washer on that side, #1 in the dwg that you posted up... if the bolt is gone, the thrust washer and the thick backer washer (#2)are also probably missing.

Check the tightness of all of the plates etc..

Also with the motor rattling around in there... check to see that the factory torque stop, #12, is not hammerd... replace if worn and set clearance to spec at .030"... not tighter.

Run ONLY the 3211115 belt in this sled if you want to minimize risk of problems.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
MH..

thanks for the info..exactly what i needed..i listed the wrong diagram not showing the cross member bolts..good catch..

thank you for the help, the torque stop was DESTOYED..put on t he grade 8 bolts in, just need to torque them down..

the power valves are COVERED in oil, the DET sensor is activated/borken whatever you call it, so it ran SUPER rich..need to replace that and clean them up..

just installed FBF cable and checked over most of teh wires/hoses, found some chaffing hoses..done left to do..

thanks again

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Guido,

The DET sensor is a Beotch to replace.. it is mounted to the underside rear center of the head between the cylinders... usually, removing the head is the easiest way to service them. (well the least effort/time anyway)

When you service the Exhaust valves... replace the EV bellows... to the new updated units.... Polaris part number 5412733

Check the valves themselves for cracking at the stem... replace if you find any cracks.

When you secure the wiring harness.. .DO NOT tug on the wires or tighten the pizz out of the zip ties.. you can break wires inside of the insulation.

Good luck

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Thanks Mountainhorse, your up to a couple cases now!
Is there anyone that might know the sizes and length of bolts already that need to be upgraded to the grade 8's?? My sled is up in the mtns at my buds cabin and 1 plus hours from the hardware store. I thought I might be able to pick up the bolts this week and have them with me when I go finish it up. It's comin around Eric.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Front mount bolts
#16 (2 ea) 3/8 coarse thread, 2.25 or 2.5" long cant rember get both to be safe

Motor mount plate bolts
#18 (4 ea) 5/16-18 X 1.5"

Mag side rear mount bolt
#9 (1 ea) 3/8-16 X 1.75

PTO side rear mount bolts
3/8-16 X 2.5"

Get yourself a new torque stop ( # 3021354 )

A new PTO rear mount urethane thrust washer
( # 5436529 )
AKA...LIMITER-DISPLACEMENT/WASHER

A new fuel filter and removal tool for the season, spark plugs etc

good luck

Premium Features