• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How common is this?

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
It's happend to me twice now!

First time was stock helix, broke it coming off a big cornice under power, it just snapped just like yours. Second time was RK-tek helix, screws started to come loose causing a nasty vibration. Got home...had to ezout the broken bolts and replace with new ones but the next ride it broke the helix, must have flexed.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
It is from shock to the helix from uphill landings etc. I see it more on hillclimb racer sleds than the average guy sleds. Usually the rollers will flatten or crack before the helix gives.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Maybe your 3" bushing is wore and putting to much pressure on the helix, pretty sure its been discussed on here before.

Bowtie496

Lifetime Membership
Jun 7, 2010
Carey, ID
My 2011 M8 Sno Pro just did it on Friday, almost the exact same spot as yours. I had 1100 miles on it at the time, rollers look fine, was not jumping, just going down a road with a foot of fresh on it. Felt a vibration, then grenaded. Had to be towed out by 09 RMK. I was able to get a loaner secondary for Saturday, sled at dealer now. I'm still under the first year of warranty, by three weeks, hopefully it will be honored.

Premium Features