• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK Skid into 05 Fusion?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I'm pretty sure it will bolt right in.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I dont think the drop brackets are in the right place nor the front arm mounting holes in the tunnel.

If I can dig it up I'll post the following.

If someone has these ...post them up.
Dragons/IQ-RMK's have the same measurements as the 900/755 RMK's

1) Distance between front arm hole in the tunnel and rear arm hole in the drop bracket. I'm thinking 30.75" but not sure.

2) Distance from inside of tunnel roof down to front arm hole in tunnel

3) Distance rearward from drive shaft centerline to front arm hole in tunnel

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Also...The Edge suspensions are not valved correctly and are too wide for the IQ chassis.

NOT worth the hassle to get an Edge skid in there..

IMO... the snowcheck skids from the 2005/2006 RMK's have the best shocks of all the IQ RMK's from the factory.

I believe that the 144" skid has a different measurement front/rear holes for mounting than the longer tracks.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
If I was home I would go out in the garage and get you all those measurements. Hopefully one of the other guys will be able too. Looking at the parts Diagrams it looks like they used a couple different types of suspensions on the fusions too.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Come on guys, Somebody on here besides me has to have a 900 with a 151 track on it and a tape measure.

If no one answers this by March 16th when I get home I will get all the measurements for you.

M
Apr 4, 2011
in the middle of a 144 swap

I have a 2005 switchback 900 (fire victim) and a 900 fusion (blown engine) all apart in my garage now and am making a long track fusion. it appears that the front suspension hole is the same but the rear suspension mount will need to be remove and the one from the switchback will need to be modified and put in its place. The 144" skids mounting holes are 5" further apart and also below the running boards. If I had to do it again I would sell me totaled switchback and buy a tracksusa kit and extend the rear of the fusion suspension and buy a tunnel extender. But I am on the road now so we shall see. If anyone has any interest I will post some pics of the completed project when I finally get done.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Tend to agree with mainewhipp. Looked to stretch a 550 out and, to me, the best bet was to install 136" Switchback rails and then add 136-144 rail extenders. Ran well.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
If I had to do it again I would sell me totaled switchback and buy a tracksusa kit and extend the rear of the fusion suspension and buy a tunnel extender. But I am on the road now so we shall see. If anyone has any interest I will post some pics of the completed project when I finally get done.

But the problem is that the exteded Fusion suspension will not perform as well as the RMK suspension in the mountains... there is a reason that the RMK's mount locations are different.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
what about for paddle size? is there enough room for 2''

Im looking at a 06 fusion 600 and installing iceage 144 rails, tracksusa's tunnel extension an di found a few 144'' tracks for cheap.

id havta regear it too and do some clutch work but do you guys think its worth it?

the fusions 3g
rails 350$
tunnel extension 125$
track 150-300$

sartysrnr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Nova Scotia
i just put a 144 tracks usa extension on my 900 fusion.its a 2" paddle track seems to clear just fine with room for more. not so sure on the 600 cooling set up,front tunnel cooler would change things for sure.

Premium Features