• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yellowstone Snowmobile court decision

Albany Mountain

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Albany, Wyoming
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just read this today.....

Home / News / State and Regional
Judge will not block Yellowstone snowmobile plan
StoryDiscussionBy The Associated Press | Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:40 pm

CHEYENNE -- A judge in Wyoming says he has no authority to block a federal plan to reduce snowmobile traffic in Yellowstone National Park this winter.

Wednesday's ruling by U.S. District Judge Clarence Brimmer may mean no more than 318 snowmobiles will be allowed in the park each day this winter. Last year, the park allowed 720 snowmobiles.

The number of snowmobiles that should be allowed in the world's first national park has been the subject of a long, convoluted legal battle.

Snowmobile proponents, including the state of Wyoming, say the activity is important to the economies of communities around the park during the winter. Environmentalists contend the machines cause noise and air pollution in the park.

RX1MountainMan

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Environmentalist A$$holes!

If they are so god damn worried about noise and air pollution maybe they should limit the number of tour busses and big motorhomes...and see who squeals then! Maybe if there were some more people uniting to keep it open as a whole we would be better off! I think it ought to open season on Subarus with ski racks, tie dye shirts and anyone with an environmentalist bumper sticker!

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
I'd imagine summertime use will be the next target but they need to get winter use shut down first. One step at a time.

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
I'd imagine summertime use will be the next target but they need to get winter use shut down first. One step at a time.

Summer time will never go. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Envrios or money grubbers. I vote for money grubbers. People that call the shots are ignorant, They believe snowmobiles are dirty. The old sno coachs are clean. Yea right. Teddy said it was for the enjoyment for all.

S
Apr 12, 2008
If they are so god damn worried about noise and air pollution maybe they should limit the number of tour busses and big motorhomes...and see who squeals then! Maybe if there were some more people uniting to keep it open as a whole we would be better off! I think it ought to open season on Subarus with ski racks, tie dye shirts and anyone with an environmentalist bumper sticker!

couldn't have said it better myself. would love to see a whole trash pit full of "subaru people and their cars"
don't kid your selves. these wackos want yellowstone just like yosemite. now cars at all. just "tour buses" and trams. all electric or hybrid, of course. if you don't believe me, just click on one of their web sites and if they have the guts maybe, just maybe they'll admit it to your face. bunck of lilly livered cowards is what they are

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Oh, summer is next, mark my words. They may never shut the park down, but buses or elevated rail, are next. Summer visitors touring around in 45 foot motor homes, and personal cars, are going to be a endangered species soon. They did it at the Grand Canyon, and Yosemite, they can do it here.

S
Nov 27, 2007
WI
Has been and will be a very hot political issue especially with the NObama Administration. The Fern Fondlers will continue to be very active as they have the upper hand out in DC land. SO why did NObama carry West Yellowstone in the last election......just haven't been able to figure that one out yet???:rolleyes:

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
Has been and will be a very hot political issue especially with the NObama Administration. The Fern Fondlers will continue to be very active as they have the upper hand out in DC land. SO why did NObama carry West Yellowstone in the last election......just haven't been able to figure that one out yet???:rolleyes:

Drop by the bookstore on Main some day, in the time it takes to drink a Latte' , gobble some soysauge and wheygs, and read the Maureen Dowd column you'll know why.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id

Same reason Sun Valley voted for Obama, because rich liberals want to live near the thing they want taken away from everyone else. ;)

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO

Couldn't have said it better myself....

T

Team Wild

Aug 13, 2008
Belgrade, MT
Wyoming won't try to block YNP snowmobile plan

Wyoming won't try to block YNP snowmobile plan

Posted: Nov 24, 2009 04:18 PM MST

Updated: Nov 24, 2009 04:18 PM MST

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - Wyoming won't seek an injunction against a new rule limiting the number of snowmobiles entering Yellowstone National Park this winter and next to less than half what had
allowed in recent years.

Wyoming Attorney General Bruce Salzburg says snowmobile operators around the park are already prepared for the new daily limit of 318 snowmobiles a day.

The National Park Service had allowed up to 720 snowmobiles a day into the park over the past five winters but actual use has been far less.

A federal appeals court in Denver on Tuesday dismissed one of Wyoming's challenges to the new snowmobile limits at Yellowstone. The court ruled the challenge was pointless because the Park
Service already adopted the new rule.

Premium Features