• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler Pemberton area

W

Warrior67

Nov 28, 2007
Please see attached for a copy of a document that will affect any and all persons who enjoy any type of motorized 4x4’ing and snowmobiling in the Sea to sky corridor, the provincial government is considering banning motorized vehicles from such areas as Phelix Creek, the Callaghan Valley, Rainbow, Meager Valley, Upper Soo Valley and many more areas because a few rich b@st@:mad: rds want to cross country ski to a secluded cabin once a year in peace and quiet.

Don’t let the roar of the snowmobile fade!!!!!! Please pass this on to anyone who may snowmobile and do any type of 4-bying in these areas!!!!!

Sorry the pdf file is to big the complete LRMP plan can be veiwed online at
http://ilmbwww.gov.bc.ca/lup/lrmp/coast/s2s/lrmpdocuments.htm
If you have any questions, comments or want to be apprised of further developments on this matter please send an email to
backcountryforall@gmail.com

Last edited:
S
Reportedley the verdict is out and Callaghan and potentially other historically motorized use areas will be closed, heres the old thread address: http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=342216
I wanted to know when they will shut it down? I would imagine this will be final. Reversing decisions made by A minister can take decades...Brandywine and Rutherford will be the access points and we should do everything we can to keep those

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
I have sent in my three letters and handed out hundreds of letters for people to sign and mail in. There are lots of people from Washington State as well as here in BC that are working hard to try to prevent us from losing these riding areas. Callaghan is one of my favorite riding areas and it would be a real shame if we lose it because of these "few" back country cross skiers.

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
Please see attached for a copy of a document that will affect any and all persons who enjoy any type of motorized 4x4’ing and snowmobiling in the Sea to sky corridor, the provincial government is considering banning motorized vehicles from such areas as Phelix Creek, the Callaghan Valley, Rainbow, Meager Valley, Upper Soo Valley and many more areas because a few rich b@st@:mad: rds want to cross country ski to a secluded cabin once a year in peace and quiet.

Don’t let the roar of the snowmobile fade!!!!!! Please pass this on to anyone who may snowmobile and do any type of 4-bying in these areas!!!!!

Sorry the pdf file is to big the complete LRMP plan can be veiwed online at
http://ilmbwww.gov.bc.ca/lup/lrmp/coast/s2s/lrmpdocuments.htm
If you have any questions, comments or want to be apprised of further developments on this matter please send an email to
backcountryforall@gmail.com

interesting site! it seems the the Heli skiers have taken over everything, including the Hurley, and what the heli guys havent taken the cat guys have!!! unfortunatly I predicted this the day whistler won the Olympics, the nice little know areas would get the spot light!

Premium Features