• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Spark 02 MC 800 EFI

sidehillm8

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2018
I have no spark on my 02 MC 800 EFI, and I went through the no spark procedure posted on here and found the injector coil open. Would this cause my no spark? Cannot find anything saying that is my problem. Just want to make sure that is the only issue before I order parts and put everything back together.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
if the coil is open (stator coil ) then you have a break in the coil and you will not get a voltage output. If I remember right the spark and output for the fuel pump is on the same coil? (7 sleds ago) you can pull the fuel line off the fuel rail and pull the rope to see if you get fuel pumped into a bucket.

sidehillm8

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2018
The only coil open is the injector coil, the two charge coils and the fuel pump coil check out in spec. Figure no spark would mean one of the charge coils was bad. Unfortunately I have the stator removed from the sled right now, so I cannot test the fuel pump.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sidehillm8

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2018
Installed a new stator and the sled runs, so i guess the injector coil going bad can cause a no spark condition. Going to take it up to the mountian today to run it to make sure everything is good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Premium Features