• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC 5 W/ Auto tune tuning review (PC Push Turbo)

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
First of all I had bought this system used and it came with the a Boondocker box and in the charge tube injector.

Since I did a IC set up and a fresh air intake and only use the stock 2 injectors so I could tie in with the PC 5 turbo box.

I will say that for me that is new to the turbo word this has been a hell of a ride and I have learned a ton along the way. I have had several big bores and always done my own tuning and project builds so I do have a medium level of mechanic knowledge.

The PC 5 and auto tune is a great system and it took some time to get it figured out, but I'm really close now.

1. tip would be to get the pc5 and auto tune on the sled.

2. when you start the sled unless you have somebodies real numbers it is alot easier to start with zeros across the board on everything including the auto tune or just leave the AT off until you get the numbers somewhat close.

3. with your laptop hooked up to start the sled or in the PC software make sure you turn on the trace feature and I liked to have the trace last 1.5 seconds so when you give the sled throttle you can watch it run through RPM/% of throttle so you know where your in need of adjustment

4. I used duct tape and taped my lap top to the sled between me and the handle bars so I could drive the sled around and see what it was doing for afr's and the feel of the sled and made adjustments accordingly slowly I might add +10 or -5 and such

5. spent a couple hours and started to get the lower portion under 50% tps to run decent.

6. just keep moving into the next range until it will go from 0%-50% throttle.

7. at this point you can activate the auto tune and plug in the Target AFR that you wish the auto tune to use example 100% 7500-85000 rpm I wanted to start with 12.3 90% used the same and then as I went diagonal back down the range I made it leaner to about 13.8 at 50% 6000 rpm.

8. I did use TPS auto instead of boost pressure.

9. for the start I did let the auto tune have a +- range of 20% ran the sled through them ranges slowly and maybe held it for a couple of seconds in each range.

10. stopped and clicked the get map function and looked at what the AT wanted to tune. If I liked it and most of the time I did I would accept that map. After lots of runs I started to only have +- 10%

11. now that the sled ran good enough to ride I stuffed the laptop in my back pack and stopped every 20 minutes of riding and did the get map and accept tune function if I liked it. sometimes it would through a big number in just one cell IE: 80% tps and at 7500 rpm it wouldnt align with the cell above or below it so I would just leave that number alone.

12. after 2 days of riding and checking it less and less I took the AT feature and just had it working at the 90 and 100% and above 7800 rpm range and left my 12.3 number in there. I did switch the +- to 5% though.

I'm sorry for the long winded explanation, but I wish when I started I could have had someone on here that had experience with this and had a write up.

I will thank TJ from powercommander for answering all my questions and I did talk to some of the guys from Speedwerx about tuning and that was a big help.

If you want fire away with questions.

after two winter of not being happy with my sled I finally have a ride able turbo that really runs well and I can't wait for next year.

That is a great writeup and review! We're glad we could help you transform your sled into a good running machine after two winters of troubles. That is great news. Dust taping a PC to your machine is extremely dedicated but will produce great results as you saw! Props for that....

How you ramped the sled slowly through TP/RPM ranges with steady application will always deliver spot-on results...this is very crucial and is what I recommend to all users. Watching what the trims are doing after receiving the tables will tell you what AT is doing for you to keep the AFR in check. Decreasing the range of +- trim values is also beneficial as the tune gets closer and closer. Once the transition zones/mid range are dialed, using AT only on the top end is very common with many users as that is where engine damage would occur with a poor map.

Couldn't have written a better play-by-play! Excellent work and truly does show how beneficial and versatile the AT-200 is as a tuning tool....

~T.J.

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, sure would be nice to be able to edit full fueling and timing tables on the fly without a laptop. A guy could get his sled tuned in 1 ride, wouldn't that be something...

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
Maybe dyno jet should come with a dash display.. might sell more units if you could tune on the hill without a laptop ☺

You dont need a laptop to tune it. You only need one like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Stream-7...993?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27fcdf3c81

7" tab is something that fit inside your jacket. You can tune with it, and if you wanted to, you could have it with a water resist cover and mount the tab to your handlebars.
+ sides is that you can do all whats done with a pc. Store maps, load maps, change maps etc.
Whats the down side?

R
Has anyone had a hard time with either down loading Adobe Reader, for the power Commander hardware or not having the Power Commander file open?? The Power Commander hardware won't open for me on my Samsung Tab 3.. Says can't open file.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Adobe reader has stopped updates for Samsung phones and tables and as far as I know there isn't any talks about building updates.

Premium Features