• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My rebuilt 05 900

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I purchased this sled a few months ago from a buddy. While borrowing it for a ride it died on me. The stator ended up going out on me. Needing a project I decided to pull the motor out and give it a full once over.

The bad, I ended up finding a cracked front crossmember. I found the wiring harness had a few burns in the wires. The rear suspension rear track shock was beat up and the front toque arm was cracked as well. Grip heaters and the lights didn't work. Rear tunnel extension was cracked. Rear bumper was dented. the plastic had multiple cracks and was broken in the font center.

The good part was the motor had been replaced at one point. 06 pistons installed. Compfusion mounts installed. Slp can already installed. Skinz front bumper installed. And it was cheap enought for me to buy it and slowly work on it.

Well after some snowest, eBay, and Craigslist shopping I have replaced most of the sled. It currently has a Franz billet crossmember, Compfusion mounts, 06 rear mounts, grade 8 bolts. All new electrical wiring and components from ecu, stator, voltage regulator, relay, capacitor, multi function display, and handwarmers. Rear suspension is a lightly used Holz suspension, holz two whel kit, with Holz scratchers. Front has Holz spindles with 05 arms and soon to be rebuilt fox floats. Skinz float plate installed and front plastic fixed or replaced. 2 cool side vents with slp clutch vent. Skis were upgraded to Slp powder pros. Polzin steering support and billet chaincase. 19-43 gears. Clutches got rebuilt with Slp red/pink spring and 64-44-46 helix and the new primary will be sent out to Indydan for a balance job when I can afford it. Currently 70 gram weights with a Slp blue/pink spring. Elevation is 6-9000 ft for most of my riding. Rpm's are where they need to be. Bars are from an edge 800 with the bar cover and 90* hooks. Golfinger left hand throttle installed. Custom rear gas rack. Soon to have a used skinz seat cover installed. 07 console cover installed for extra venting.

Last few rides have been awesome. Not a single problem. Once I get the new primary balanced, I am looking to play with the clutching a bit more. I have a 58-42-46 helix and want to try some different springs out to see what is left on the table.

image.jpg

Last edited:

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
It got a bit crowded in my garage this winter. It is only a two car garage. Between tools, skis, sleds, motos, and mtb's there is not too much extra room.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
New timbersled 40" front bark buster along with revalved walker evans air shocks. Big thanks to Mountianhorse for the deal on some suspension parts. Sled is ready to go for another season.

image.jpg

Last edited:

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
That's is one mint looking sled! It has to be even more gratifying knowing the wrench time that went into it. Very cool, inspired to get into my garage after a post like this.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
good work brotha..

fyi, indydan is not taking any clutches in this season, he said he has too many motor projects to do and holding clutches till spring/season end

you can send it to SLP or Power Addiction Racing to get balanced still, bout your only choices i would go with besides indydan

Premium Features