• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poll: Best turbo for a 09 M1000

09snopro

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2008
Shelley, ID
I think I am finally going to put a turbo on my 09 M1000. I am looking for any advice to which one is the best for the money. I am currently looking into these four because they are fairly close to me.

Boondocker: pump or race gas
OVS: pump or race gas
Twisted Turbo:
CPC Racing Turbo:

Any input and suggestions as far as upgrades would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Bottom 3 on your list are great, I wouldn't touch a boondiker, way to complicated , to much techno wizzardy, other 3 use a simple dobec box.
I run a ovs, tech support is great, and kit is clean and sleek. Buy the reed stops from ovs while your installing your kit, they will increase your reed life.

B

bcguy

Jan 12, 2008
twisted works ,your sled will be a total different animal,wichever you decide prepare to smile,with my race gas sled its not whether the sled will make it up the hill,its if I am still hanging on it at the top.put a 3 inch track on it that will compliment the turbo and allow it to shine even more

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Not that you would with any of the others but you won't be disappointed with the Twisted kit. Very easy to tune, customer service is excellent, and it will flat out run. 2 years on my TM1 and wouldn't have it any other way.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Any of the bottom 3 but I recommend CPC or OVS clutching. I had endless belt troubles with twisted clutching and as soon as I went to OVS zero issues

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I would add the linderman mount also, I don't know about the 1000 but in the Twisted M8 I gained 9mph track speed with MDS weights and know many doing the same. But I'm not sure if you can get enough weight on those weights to hold the hp.

Premium Features