• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the difference?

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Im looking at getting some powder pro's and was wondering what is the difference between the 09'HCR's, all 10' & 11' M's spindles/skis/mounts and the 09' and prior M's? Stronger? Lighter? Is it worth looking into upgrading spindles/skis/mounts to the newer?

Thanks,
Alex

C

corydoneen

Dec 21, 2010
Eastern Wa
i have had my powder pros for a little over a year now coming from having the hcr stock skis. when the snow is setup and hard they are quite grabby alot of the time but are totally worth every penny in the pow. i did the carls cycle mod to them this fall and havnt seen any negative effects from doing so and it seems to make a difference.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Im looking at getting some powder pro's and was wondering what is the difference between the 09'HCR's, all 10' & 11' M's spindles/skis/mounts and the 09' and prior M's? Stronger? Lighter? Is it worth looking into upgrading spindles/skis/mounts to the newer?

Thanks,
Alex

I could be wrong but I think the difference is simply the axle bolt size. I think it is smaller diameter on the newer models. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I could be wrong but I think the difference is simply the axle bolt size. I think it is smaller diameter on the newer models. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Looked up the part #'s. The HCR uses a M10 bolt where as mine is is a 7/16" bolt. Im guessing for weight loss or something? Sorta like the a-arm/spindle bolts are larger diameter in the older M's compared to the 09 and up.

Premium Features