• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CPI Can Install Help.

Feb 6, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Installing a CPI can on an 06 and noticed there is nowhere to hold it into place other than the exhaust springs. In the pics you can see where the bracket is about an inch or so from anything solid to mount to. I bought this pipe from a individual, wondering if he didn't give me everything. Any help would be appreciated. Also noticed it is rather close to the chain case cover anyone had any issues with it melting using on of these pipes??

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
What pics? never had it melt chaincase cover. It should bolt to the rubber isolator that the stock can bolted to.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
just looked and I see you have an 06. Might need to make some kind of bracket but not sure. I would PM Guidoxpress on this.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Ask guidoxpress. On CPI website it does not show a different can for the 05 and 06 but I know for sure the mount is in a different place.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I don't think they have a different one for the two years

dktraw

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2009
Halfway OR
i put a cpi can on my 06, and yes its very close to the chaincase cover. put lots of heat tape on the cover and havent had any melting issues for two seasons. as far as mounting goes, bent a small L bracket with holes in each end, then rivited it through the lower outer fender so that it was pulling down and out away from the chaincase, then attached a longer heavy spring between can and bracket. has worked well so far. hope this helps

Premium Features