• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Setting the Fox Zero Pros

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Ok so I bought a used set of Zero Pros from someone on snowest and got a heck of a deal on them. They are longer then the stock springs these are 17.5 CTC.

I called Caryls Cycle and got the recommend spring for my sled and riding style.

My question is this what is the best way to get these things set. Do I just leave the spring loose take it for a ride and see how I like it? Or is there a "tension" that needs to be set and how do you do that.

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
Ok so I bought a used set of Zero Pros from someone on snowest and got a heck of a deal on them. They are longer then the stock springs these are 17.5 CTC.

I called Caryls Cycle and got the recommend spring for my sled and riding style.

My question is this what is the best way to get these things set. Do I just leave the spring loose take it for a ride and see how I like it? Or is there a "tension" that needs to be set and how do you do that.

Start with 1/2" of preload - The point from where the adjuster nut first seats into the spring, then adjust it so it compresses the spring 1/2", then set your lock nut. If you have removed your swaybar, you should be using the 110# spring instead of the 100# spring to help compensate for lack of the sway bar.
Also, if you need more than 3/4" of preload to get the ride you want, you need to move up the the next size spring.

Last edited:

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
Start with 1/2" of preload - The point from where the adjuster nut first seats into the spring, then adjust it so it compresses the spring 1/2", then set your lock nut. If you have removed your swaybar, you should be using the 110# spring instead of the 100# spring to help compensate for lack of the sway bar.

I went with the 120# spring is what they recommended for my weight and having the longer shocks. Thanks for the input will do that when I put them on.

Premium Features