• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poor mileage on 01 summit 800??

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
After removing the oil injection on my sled i have noticed that my gas mileage has realy gone down, about 50 miles and I'm out. I expected to lose a little mileage but this is rediculos. I mix at 40:1. Carbs are stock except 480 mains. It also burns extremely rich on the bottom end (almost burns your eyes) where before it did not. Mid to top end seems to be just right judging from the plugs, runs crisp. The only motor mods are a UB head and vforce reeds. Do I need to change my pilot jets? Drop main jets and raise the needles? Are the float bowls overflowing? I need help, I don't want to have to pack gas just to make an average run.

K
Nov 27, 2007
Thinking of doing this myself

So any advice would be appreciated, I just put slp pipes, slp pistons, vforce 3, heal clicker clutch. I go through a set of plugs every tank. Only 2 tanks on new motor and 2 sets of plugs. This is why I want to drop my oil reserve

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
milage

if you want to get some milage out of that engine , take the pistons out and send them to straightline performanceand have them welded on youll drop to at least a 440 main jet and go way up on performance and milage!!!

Premium Features