• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 BELT EATER! [2017 Ski Doo 850 Rev G4 clutching/belt fix?] Belt Issues

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Tried pretty much every thing. Runs like a turd on clicker one. Clutches get super hot too. Got good vents coming and thinking on these.....

https://goodwinperformance.com/product/gp-35mm-pdrive-adjustable-pivot-weight-kit

Might help some to start

I have 800kms...12 days...on belt 4...dealer has been good...im not paying for belts. Everytime we have had some deep snow I blow at least one...one day I blew 2...jesus!! I tried clicker one also...7600 rpm all she would pull...165x3inch....very disappointed in doo here...have had dozens of new sleds...love the sled but cant ride it...miss my T3 for that aspect

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
Just a question, do the peeps blowing belts have 3 in tracks? Mines a 165 / 2.5 in not seeing any issues with it so far wit 200 miles on it. On clicker 1 and still hitting around 8100 rpm. I'm keeping a eye on the tack and backing off some when over reving. PITA to do just wondering if the smaller track is doing it or are they all over reving creating a heat issue and taking out the belt.
Thoughts?

sounds about the same here so far but stock settings on clickers I saw 8100 rpms (over reving) a few times on road but backed off as was in 80 mph range and only 228 miles on it, 165 track with 2.5 in lugs, been getting into deeper stuff every chance I get, check belt every ride took out felt and foam on clutch side, we should be in real deep pow all day tomarrow with lots of big hills/pulls and breakin s/b complete and will have a better feel for it then minimal belt dust so far. 185 lb rider 60 lbs of gear /gas can, love the sled so far hope it can go at least 1/2 as far as my xm 154 belts have gone.

M
Nov 9, 2010
redding, ca
I'm curious if the problem some people are having is a problem with the sled or a bad batch of belts?? It does seem just as possible that the problem could be a belt production issue, because it seems so isolated. I have over 400 miles how hard powder riding on my 850 and I'm still on my original belt and it looks great still, I'm also on clicker 2 and I'm letting my rev to 8200 and the sled seems to absolutely love it on clicker 2. I also tried clicker 1 and it was a night and day difference on clicker 1 then clicker 2. The sled was a turd on clicker 1. So after 400 plus miles reving 8200 on original belt and riding in hood deep powder I'm so impressed with the performance of this sled. I think their is another issue then blaming belt failures on "over reving".

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Pretty dam sad to be going threw belts like that.. this should be on doos dollar, not yours..

Has anyone taken off the new primary and ran the older style and seen if temps got better??. Secondary to tight causing heat, Allinment ??

Taper is different Fred won't fit

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
165 3" with 350 miles and zero venting or clutch mods. Clicker 2 for now. Waiting on weight/pins. Runs 8000-8200 WOT on hills. Max of 8500 recorded. On original belt. Belt was cleaned along with clutches before first ride. Minimal belt dust. Adjusted chain and belt 3 times.

130 miles and haven't smoked a belt but since I heard people are having issues I have been playing close attention to them and my clutches and belt have been too hot to touch every time I look at them. I think I have been lucky so far, I hope BRP gets it figured out. My blow hole should be arrive soon, so I hope that will help too.
SHR has a clutching advise using BRP parts on facebook I am told. I don't facebook but for those of you that do, there is something to try at least.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
165 with 3 inch and belt blew at 85 miles total on the sled. Absolutely shredded and wrapped around the clutch. Had 24 miles in flatland prior to first mountain trip. Pulling 8000 rpms at peak. Had/have 4 previous etec xm/t3 800s all on their first belt.

Last edited:
J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Here's mine at 80-90 miles. I had been watching mine too everything went through night before. Granted they were 90 hard miles but still. Last ride I could smell my belt all day had to sit and let them cool multiple times

IMG_2027.jpg

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
I have 2 sleds with 100 miles each on them and havent blown a belt yet. (knock on wood) i have throw a yamaha clutch on one. (recut the taper). but neither one have blown one belt.

i hope they dont.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Here's mine at 80-90 miles. I had been watching mine too everything went through night before. Granted they were 90 hard miles but still. Last ride I could smell my belt all day had to sit and let them cool multiple times

That's what you get trying to follow the Internet's greatest snowmobiler in the whole wide world, the amazing 1500psi......

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008

We don't call that the "one last stuck chute" for nothin :face-icon-small-hap

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
That's what you get trying to follow the Internet's greatest snowmobiler in the whole wide world, the amazing 1500psi......

If you recall I wasn't following. He turned out and I went by :face-icon-small-hap

J

jvb

Nov 26, 2007
Oh yeah I forgot. I was so lonely at the top it made me forget what really happened... :face-icon-small-coo

Yeah yeah we made you trail and gave you the glory. We didn't want you beating yourself up after your last episode there. I was just down there cleaning belt hairs out of my teeth

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Yeah yeah we made you trail and gave you the glory. We didn't want you beating yourself up after your last episode there. I was just down there cleaning belt hairs out of my teeth

Just so you know I wasn't stuck with it pinned downhill for a minute straight like 1500psi says... I was just trying to accelerate the break in time on my 154 :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features