• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cooker can with SHOT

I
Dec 21, 2016
Hello everyone; just took delivery of my 2019 Freeride 154” S38 with SHOT today; wondering what options are for the use of a muff pot or cooker can. Mountain can is not an option. Have heard an 850 cooker can; works very well, just a bit louder than I’d like. Am I out of luck seeing as how I have the shot capacitor?

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
Wrap your sammich in parchment paper, put it between side panel and muffler....
There is a you tube vid by Tony Ryan.... Says it works quite well.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I tried to figure out a way to keep the stock muffler and still use a muff pot with my shot system but I couldn't figure it out.

I ended up getting HPS cans for both of my doos so I could pack a muff pot.

The HPS can isn't stock quiet but it's pretty dang quiet for being aftermarket.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I put an HPS can on both of mine with a muff pot. I went with the trail can and the sound is just right, not too loud. I've flown jet aircraft the last 31 years and my ears can't handle the loud noise any longer.

I
Dec 21, 2016
So you guys with the HPS trail can have SHOT and are able to run the muff pot?

The thing cooker can is the one I was referring to in my post that was a little on the loud side for me.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
So you guys with the HPS trail can have SHOT and are able to run the muff pot?

The thing cooker can is the one I was referring to in my post that was a little on the loud side for me.

Plenty of clearance although I did notice a little rubbing on my side panel. The cooker might have rotated a little bit. Other than that I ran it fine last year. Takes a little while to get some foods heated up but love me some hot food on the mountain!

attachment.php

IMG_5491.jpg

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
last year we started leaving the stock can on and just putting our items between the panel and the stock muffler. You do not want to leave it there long as it heats up rather quickly, but we would just wrap it in tin foil. Several layers were required but if you keep the food about 1 or 2 inches think it works pretty well, and no cooker required.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Until last year I always just shoved a steak or hot pocket in foil against the stock can under the panel as mentioned above. Kinda freaks riding buds out to cook a steak in 5 minutes on a non running sled, lol. Last year HPS and cooker. Can't put spaghetti against the stock can to heat. Zero rubbing on panel when mounted like this. My other sled had SHOT and same deal, no rubbing. It does take a while to heat things up due to the ceramic coating on the can I believe.

011.JPG

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
Hands down best can for cooking is the Thing Cooker can. Sounds great (not loud), and is lightyears ahead of others for cooking. I had an SLP Silencer, it was good, but it took hours to cook. The Thing sounds as good or better, but cooks on demand.

https://jcscustomvents.com/collections/the-thing-cooker-cans

Have fun!
Yes I agree 100%
That works if what your cooking isn't messy juicy goodness ;) Like this Rib Eye Steak form raw & Chicken artichoke Brats View attachment 357955

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
I will be getting my 17 850 in the shop for a shock upgrade and I will Doo a decibel check. Then when we get enough snow I take my DB meter and check the cooker can thing compared my buddies can, which is the best way to check while out riding not in the shop, The Cooker Can is not much loader than stock in the enclosed trailer during warm up.

I will do a DB check the the 2021 Expert Turbo stock can also soon as I get in the shop for comparison (y)

Premium Features